cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 8 locked phone

Airborne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I'm new to PM and thinking about buying out my Iphone 8 with Telus and moving over to PM. I have some questions before I make the move. 

1. Is the Iphone 8 compatible as it's not listed to check in PM?

2. The phone is locked to Telus but i purchased a new SIM card from PM and will use that SIM. Will the phone work or do I have to unlock the phone to use on PM?

Thanks for your help 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

@Maryjoe wrote:

Hi,

Even if your phone is locked to Telus you can call the and unlock it for free.And your iPhone 8 is compatible.

The customer would not even have to call Telus. To unlock Telus phones, the Public Mobile moderators can be contacted.

Maryjoe

Hi,

Even if your phone is locked to Telus you can call the and unlock it for free.And your iPhone 8 is compatible.

Airborne

Thank you all for the quick response 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Airborne 

Locked Telus iPhone should work with PM without unlock.

But you should unlock it now while it is not urgent.  Unlocked phone is good when you travel using a local SIM card

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

1. It is compatible

2. All Telus/Koodo phones will work on PM even while locked. Once you are a customer, PM will unlock such phones for free by contacting the moderators.

Just in case problems occur recommend reading: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

Been here 5 years without a hitch in service. 😊

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Airborne hello your iphone should work just fine if you are just moving from telus you are basically on the same network no unlocking is required  😁

Need Help? Let's chat.