cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 8 Plus and Koodo

Rams163
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

While trying to activate a new SIM, I ran into the following problems I need help with.

1. I have a Koodo account and when I entered the phone number in the "check available" area, it accepted it and opened the next area (old account number etc.).  This is contrary to the weird Koodo/Telus instructions.  Is this normal?

2. My Koodo account number has two phone numbers/two phones with different plans (both monthly).  Someone please confirm that porting over one line from this account will not bugger my other phone/number.

3. It asks for a device serial number but only accepts numbers.  iPhone 8 Plus SN is alpha numeric.  Did they mean the IMEI number?

...since I can't get past step 2, I will post the other questions later.

Thanks for any help,

7 REPLIES 7

Rams163

So I got impatient (with myself) and just gave it a go.  It worked, the phone was on a Koodo monthly plan but had a prepaid SIM (from its initial intention).  It didn't matter in the end.  Number was ported immediately with only entering the Koodo account number and the phone number to port, I had no problems.  Thanks for holding my hand.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it's post paid you can move over very easy. If it's prepaid you would have to contact a mod to get them to help transfer number.

Koodo prepaid and PM share same system so mods have to help. 

Just make sure phone is unlocked

Rams163

The phone I want to move over is with Koodo and the number is from Ottawa.

@Rams163 wrote:

Excuse me for being exact but the wording on the website is terrible...

If you are planning on transferring your number from Koodo or PC Mobile, please first select a new number...followed by...Check if your phone number is eligible:

Is this the *new* number or the "my/your existing" number that I want to port??

If I put in a random number and not the number I eventually want to port, it asks me questions such as: What do you want to do with your tv or internet associated to the account, name of old service provider account (mandatory).

No way on earth I am doing trial and error to get this to work and possibly screwing up my existing phone numbers or insane deal on the line I don't want to port.  Those can never be retrieved.

Hey @CS_Agent, I would like to be a client...is there a way to faciliatate this with confidence?

Those questions are not abnormal to be asked on a number portability request form.  I can only guess that random phone number that you entered may have come up in the system as a landline number.  In those cases, there can sometimes be broadband internet services attached to the phone number, for which porting out a number could affect the service continuing to work and even the prices of that internet service.

Which carrier are you coming from and what city is your phone number from?

Rams163

Excuse me for being exact but the wording on the website is terrible...

If you are planning on transferring your number from Koodo or PC Mobile, please first select a new number...followed by...Check if your phone number is eligible:

Is this the *new* number or the "my/your existing" number that I want to port??

If I put in a random number and not the number I eventually want to port, it asks me questions such as: What do you want to do with your tv or internet associated to the account, name of old service provider account (mandatory).

No way on earth I am doing trial and error to get this to work and possibly screwing up my existing phone numbers or insane deal on the line I don't want to port.  Those can never be retrieved.

Hey @CS_Agent, I would like to be a client...is there a way to faciliatate this with confidence?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Rams163   did you get it to work? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Rams163 if you have the account number of the Koodo account just use that,  no pin and no imei.  It won't do anything to the other phone on the Koodo account!  You should pick a new number first when activating and then go back after it works with the new number and port it then!  

Need Help? Let's chat.