cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 - no MMSC OR MMS Proxy under cellular data

jewels_35
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

I am very frustrated! I have spend hours trying to figure this out, please help! I have an iphone6

Under cellular data the only options are :

APN

Username

Password

I wrote the information for APN, but how come I don't see MMSC or MMS Proxy to finish this setup???

11 REPLIES 11

@GS28 wrote:

I have exactly same problem. I have iPhone 6.

APN

Username

Password

I wrote the information for APN, but how come I don't see MMSC or MMS Proxy to finish this setup???

I purchased a 40$ plan for 5 gb data. Phone shows LTE but there is no data connection at all. 

please help

I would think that the APN settings would be automatic for this generation of iPhone. I would connect to iTunes to download any available software updates to see if this adds the correct APN configurations.

GS28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have exactly same problem. I have iPhone 6.

APN

Username

Password

I purchased a 40$ plan for 5 gb data. Phone shows LTE but there is no data connection at all. 

please help

@jewels_35 wrote:

What is PM?

PM- Public mobile.  

jewels_35

Thank you, I will look into that.

jewels_35

What is PM?

jewels_35

Perfect, thank you!

When attached to LTE you will usually receive very reliable throttled 3Mbs service. If you are attached to 3g or more accurately H+ you may receive faster service up to 12 Mbs. 

I'm not sure how to force an iPhone to 3g but if you can find it, you can try it.

@jewels_35 wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for fast response.

Yes my data works. It says LTE besides Public Mobile. Is that ok? or should it say 3G? I'm just afraid I missed a step and will be charged for data because it's not well conected. 

@jewels_35 

It shows LTE for most people of PM.  NO need to worry.  You will never be charged extra for PM.  No overages or surprise charges.  If you don't have the option, it just does not work.  If you run out, it just stops.  

jewels_35

Hi!

Thanks for fast response.

Yes my data works. It says LTE besides Public Mobile. Is that ok? or should it say 3G? I'm just afraid I missed a step and will be charged for data because it's not well conected. 

@jewels_35 

iphone 6 does not need to have APN setting adjusted.  Does your data work?  If it works, no need to do anything further.  

If it does not work, try rebooting your phone.  Network reset. Connect your phone to itunes or connect to Wifi.  Update IOS.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Apple's carrier settings are set within iOS. You should not need to adjust your APN settings. Check and see if there is a carrier update available on your iPhone.

Read thru this post from @CalgaryBen and see if it helps you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118/highlight...

Need Help? Let's chat.