cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice request

Zukiwi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have sent a message to a PM  but after a couple days of no reply , I suppose I need to post it here. I need invoices and I would like to know why invoices are not under our account since it is a fairly simple thing to do.

I would also like to know if it is possible to have multiple numbers under one account.

Thank you.

24 REPLIES 24

Zukiwi

I contacted CRA and the agent confirmed every single company has the obligation of supplying an invoice upon payment, with the gst or hst number, the percentage taxed, the total amount of the gst or hst. Same goes for Revenu Québec.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zukiwi wrote:

I did send  a PM, last Wednesday, still no sign of life from Alan_k

@Zukiwi if you sent the PM to Alan_K, then you did it wrong.  You need to PM the moderator team.  More info here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Zukiwi

I did send  a PM, last Wednesday, still no sign of life from Alan_k

Zukiwi

A seriously simplistic response. Invoices are an obligation, not an option. Your life must be very boring if you think requesting a legitimate invoice are "bells and wistles" !! JFK!

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like its time to change providers...and pay for all the bells an whistles...sad to say...but Pm isnt for everyone...

cahibbs6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same problem. I've been trying to get a receipt since June--half the time my requests have been ignored, once I had a response saying they were busy and I would get it within the week (that was in August), and once I had a response asking for security information that I had provided in the email request. I requested and received receipts easily and quickly for 18 months prior to that.

I received a receipt for my September request that didn't make any sense and gave a total amount $300 higher than my actual payment. 

On top of that, I can't just print a transaction history from my account because it doesn't list HST. I don't know what's going on internally, whether there have been policy changes or staffing issues, but I'm honestly out of patience.

srlawren

@Zukiwi wrote:

Oh and just to point all - all mobile services are "prepaid" be it Bell, Videotron, Rogers. You always "prepay" your services the current month bill is for the coming month services. Same for Internet or TV 😉

@Zukiwi I understand what you're saying here in that even on "post-paid" accounts, you're paying for the month to come in advance.  The distinction here is that with post-paid accounts, you are also charged for any overages or pay-per-use usage for the previous month (post-paying for those).  This is not possible at all with Public Mobile.  So in theory at least, there is no need to get a detailed breakdown of your charges becuase they are always exactly [your plan amount minus and earned rewards] + taxes applicable to your province or territory.  There's never any overages to reconcile so they don't "need" to detail what they've charged you because you already know.

As @wetcoaster has noted, the registration numbers are also available in the self-serve account.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Zukiwi wrote:

I agree this may be the way to go for some however, I can assure you it is an obligation to provide an invoice upon payments. Perhaps there was never any complaints to government entities, hence no checks, but there is no way you can charge HST, GST or any other taxes without providing the number and a detailed invoice.

Screenshot_2018-11-03-Public-Mobile---oneTimeTopUp-Page.jpg

As for providing an invoice: They do provide invoices / receipts upon request. I agree with @srlawren that it's highly probable that the Telus legal team has made sure that that's sufficient to meet the minimum legal requirements.

Carld123

Screenshot_2018-11-02-21-16-14.png

Older post but it worked for them....

To be official, payment receipts don't have to be formal looking or professional PDF documents.  In the age of the internet, the professionalism of them really makes no difference any more since they can just be easily altered/faked anyway.

I see the receipt thing as a Public Mobile-specific issue. I've been with other carriers, both prepaid and postpaid, and when you make an online payment, the carrier could just give an on-screen breakdown after the payment is made showing the amount,  tax amount, authorization number, along with GST/HST number.  That customer could then print that out or take a screenshot. I have no idea why that isn't done at Public Mobile.

I've also seen some other carriers who automatically e-mail a text-based legal receipt via e-mail as soon as the payment is made.  I'm not sure why Public Mobile isn't doing one or the other. 

Zukiwi

Oh and just to point all - all mobile services are "prepaid" be it Bell, Videotron, Rogers. You always "prepay" your services the current month bill is for the coming month services. Same for Internet or TV 😉

Zukiwi

An invoice can act as a receipt with the "paid" stamp on it. There are no differences really, the receipt is the actual payment (bank account, credit card, checks). Rare are receipts nowdays, specially on the Web, you simply get a detailed invoice with a "paid" on it (or not since it is the user that needs to show he or she paid said invoice).

Any how, I will send the request.

Zukiwi

I agree this may be the way to go for some however, I can assure you it is an obligation to provide an invoice upon payments. Perhaps there was never any complaints to government entities, hence no checks, but there is no way you can charge HST, GST or any other taxes without providing the number and a detailed invoice.

srlawren

@Zukiwi you're right that it's not an unsolvable problem by far.  I would assume Telus has investigated the legality and presume they are okay, but that's beyond my pay grade to determine by far.  🙂  I have not used other pre-paid mobile providers, but understand from previous discussions in this community about this topic that nearly all or all of the pre-paid accounts at Canadian providers work this same way, without an automatic receipt.  I do not state this as fact and could well be wrong, but that's what I recall seeing.

Carld123

Ok then..eventually maybe someone will figure it out...lol

mimmo

Not to split  hairs but  are you  looking for a receipt, not an invoice? Invoices are demands for payment, receipts are proof of payment.

Being prepaid there are no need for invoices.  

Zukiwi

It is not for me to figure out, it is for Public Mobile to figure out 😉 and since I work as a developper I do know it is extremly easy and fairly cheap to create automated PDF invoices.

Carld123

Im in over my head here..lol..I see my payment went through..my phone works..my knowledge ends there..haha..Im sure youll get something figured ..good day

Zukiwi

Thanks for the info. However, you can have a paperless system with an invoice that is under your account. It is extremely simple (coding wise). Mostover, some Payment provider such as Paypal offer the invoice generation. There are simply no logical reasons not to have the invoice readily under the account.

Zukiwi

It does not meet the legal requirements, invoice remittance is an obligation to any businesses, and the tax No needs to be shown on every payment:  You cannot charge tax if you cannot prove you have the right to charge taxes.

srlawren

@Zukiwi wrote:

The law is clear about invoices, I really do not understand why this is not automatic.

@Zukiwi it's a low-cost, low-frills provider.  Invoices are available upon request.  [EDIT: turnaround time on invoices is approx 30 days, so please be patient.]  I'm not lawyer but I supsect that meets any legal requirements.  Being pre-paid with zero surprise post-paid overage or pay-per-use charges, many customers have no need for an invoice on a regular basis.  

@Carld123 transaction history is okay, though does not show any taxes collected on the payment--which may or may not be sufficient for whatever you need the invoices for.  Some people go to a retail store to buy vouchers for their payments, which serve as a receipt including the taxes chaged on top of the voucher amount.

Carld123

I use my transaction history..states all the payments I've made...i would imagine a mailed invoice would take awhile to get..being a self serve paperless system..

Zukiwi

I did send a PM and I had no reply.

The law is clear about invoices, I really do not understand why this is not automatic.

mimmo
Need Help? Let's chat.