cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim

Emmabaylie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I ordered a pm sim card. It arrived today . I tried activating online and it says Invalid sim so I was unable to create an account . What do I do ? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Jenniyah wrote:

i got a invalid sim error after i failed to activate it the first time, waited 1 hr and it worked fine.

Hope this is the same for you. 

This will happen any time someone starts the activation procedure, goes past the first page, and then click back.

Jenniyah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i got a invalid sim error after i failed to activate it the first time, waited 1 hr and it worked fine.

Hope this is the same for you. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Emmabaylie Use incognito/private browsing mode and double check you are entering the correct sim card number (19 digits). If it still says invalid, you will need to reach out to the live agent or moderator team in one of two ways so they can check the status of the sim you have. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Emmabaylie use the live chat option to help you activate 

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

If it was the first time that entered the sim into the form and you got that message, you may have a SIM already in use. Wait 50 minutes from last attempt. Clear your browser history, got to private/ incognito mode and try once again to enter it,  if it fails contact the moderators and ask them to look into it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Emmabaylie  Try again in an hour 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section?

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.