cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim when trying for activation

dundurn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have bought a sim card directly from Public Mobile. After it shipped to me, I went to the site to activate my sim card. I completed the form and when finally submitting it...  it went into a "processing" state for 3-4 minutes and then went to an error page. 

Thinking that I can just try to submit the activation form again (which is already annoying), now the sim card number shows "Invalid Sim" next to it and stops me from submitting the form. 

I've read some others that mention waiting an hour to try again. But I have done this multiple times in the last 24 hours but it still shows the invalid sim error.

I have sent two private messages to the Moderators and recieved no response. With no other way to contact any type of support, is this sim card now dead for good? Seems like a big waste of $10.

Edit: I just want to clarify that I first tried the activation yesterday July 22nd around 12 PM (noon). The Invalid Sim error has been there since that time it first failed to process. I have already tried even using a different computer. At this point, I think it really needs a moderator to fix it....  

Edit2: After reading some responses, I have decided to try the sim card in my phone once again. To my surprise, the activation really did go through now. I just had to manually create the self serve account afterwards which I believe should have been created via the activation form. Regardless, while it does seem to work and everything in the self serve is accurate.. I'm obviously not happy with how non-transparent this process was. With no invoice or any notification at all I would have been charged with a service I didn't know about. Seems borderline like fraud. At least I'm glad the phone plan works. 

17 REPLIES 17

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The "Invalid Sim" message might mean that you have already associated the SIM with your account (the SIM number and your publicmobile account number are the same).

You should be able to gain access to your public mobile account if you can re-establish service with your old SIM. They will send a text message to your phone number. 

When you send a private message to the moderator; it will take a while - 72 hours is the current wait time.

Help-is-here

Yes he did, as you can read in follow up messages. 😉

GR
Mayor / Maire

@sleugene @   did you get it activated?

sleugene

This has been my exact experience too! Very annoying.

lockej

I just switched my wife's phone to PM and noticed that the system was REALLY slow.  It could have just been a system lag.

@dundurn wrote:

I have bought a sim card directly from Public Mobile. After it shipped to me, I went to the site to activate my sim card. I completed the form and when finally submitting it...  it went into a "processing" state for 3-4 minutes and then went to an error page. 

Thinking that I can just try to submit the activation form again (which is already annoying), now the sim card number shows "Invalid Sim" next to it and stops me from submitting the form. 

I've read some others that mention waiting an hour to try again. But I have done this multiple times in the last 24 hours but it still shows the invalid sim error.

I have sent two private messages to the Moderators and recieved no response. With no other way to contact any type of support, is this sim card now dead for good? Seems like a big waste of $10.

Edit: I just want to clarify that I first tried the activation yesterday July 22nd around 12 PM (noon). The Invalid Sim error has been there since that time it first failed to process. I have already tried even using a different computer. At this point, I think it really needs a moderator to fix it....  

Edit2: After reading some responses, I have decided to try the sim card in my phone once again. To my surprise, the activation really did go through now. I just had to manually create the self serve account afterwards which I believe should have been created via the activation form. Regardless, while it does seem to work and everything in the self serve is accurate.. I'm obviously not happy with how non-transparent this process was. With no invoice or any notification at all I would have been charged with a service I didn't know about. Seems borderline like fraud. At least I'm glad the phone plan works. 

Help-is-here

Like most steps of activating and/or getting help with this service, and given the service provider's attempt at keeping the price point low; PATIENCE is very much a virtue!  Always double and triple check things. Especially if you get error messages. *611 is a good way to verify activation. Also the network settings in your phone. Login in later on into your account and verifying. All important ways to confirm and verify. Welcome to the Public Mobile Community! 

@dundurn Check your credit card. If payment has gone through and the SIM allocated to an account, so, click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@tphenlaur hi have you tried to contact a moderator and explain the problem? you can contact them here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tphenlaur

Same  thing happened to me last month, I ended up going back to the store to get a new SIM card. Turns out they charged my credit card both times. The activation had gone through somehow. I am still trying to get a refund but with no one to talk to it seems impossible.

Cec

Good they will get back to you 👍

@Kv1989 there definitely is a problem with their site tonight wait an hour and reboot your computer or device you are using and then try again,if that doesn't work contact a moderator  here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kv1989

Same! Won’t let me add my vouchers either 

dundurn

I was at the very end of the activation form and did put in my payment info as well. However, when the processing failed, I also noticed I didn't recieve any email confirmation and the self serve login does not work. Therefore, I am certain the activation form submission did not go through. I have also tried to do clearing browser cache + incognito methods some others have mentioned. Still no luck

popealexander

i am having the same issue, emaled the moderators now waiting for a response, thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dundurn , if the activation process fails, the SIM card can be session locked for about 1 hour.  You cannot try again for one hour.  I suggest using incognito mode to ensure any cached information from a previous session does not interfere with a second attempt.  Wtih regards to contacting the moderators, they are backlogged at the moment.  Expect 48 hour response time.  

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried restarting your phone or tried the SIM in another phone?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dundurn  hi if you got past the payment step check to see if your sim is working in your phone and dial *611 and see if it says it's active

Need Help? Let's chat.