cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim on account set up page

Andrea69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi all,

I am new here and would like to be public mobile customer but can not even go thru first box on Activation Page. 

SIM Card Details
Please enter the 19-digit number that appears on your SIM card. 
After entering my sim card number correctly I am getting Invalid sim message.
how can I activate my card?
I did not insert the card in the phone because I am scared they won't accept it when I will try to give it back to the store.
help pls
13 REPLIES 13

@Andrea69 

Thanks for the follow up....walmart has had a few duds.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Andrea69

Thank you all for your help but none of the solution worked...

I end up going to walmart and exchanging invalid sim card for a new one and everything is fine.

bye

@Andrea69 

As stated by @geopublic if you recieved that message on the first time you put the sim card number in to activate and you double checked the number and tried again just in case you made an error then you do have a previously activated sim card or a dud. Where did you purchase the sim card? Did it come inside a pm card holder? Did you have to pull it out with a little force so it detached from the card or did it slip out with ease?

Once you speak to a moderator and they check out the cause of the sim card error message you will have a couple decisions to make if your sim card cannot be used to activate an account with pm. Do you want pm to send you a replacement? Would like them to credit your future account $10 for the cost of your sim card? Do you have easy access to purchase a new sim card at a different retailer? Do you want to order one from an authorized dealer like Canadian Cellular Supplies currently offering them for $3.33? Decide what route you want to take......

@Andrea69 you can message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Andrea69

Didn't allow me to submit the ticket because I dont have account 

@Andrea69  Try the sim in your device to see if it connects to the network. Don't worry it will not cause any issues. If it doesn't connect to the network then you need to submit a ticket to PM and include the sim number.

Andrea69

I tried to send the ticket but doesn't allow me because I dont have phone number 

Andrea69

I bought the sim card couple of weeks ago but didn't try to activate it until now. Didn't work on my first attempt 

@Andrea69  if you received that error the very first time you tried activating the sim then that sim has been previously activated.

If you received that message after your first activation attempt then you need to wait at least an hour for the previous session lock to clear.

If after waiting it's still not working then submit a ticket to PM and ask them to investigate.

[Walmart replaced it! ...... Luddite]

@Andrea69 how long has it been since the last time you tried? try giving it 30 min and try again in incognito mode. 

Andrea69

I did try 2 different laptops, phone and tablet. Cleared cache and browser history, used incognito mode as well. Nothing worked

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Andrea69 try using your browser in incognito or private mode.

unfortunately the store wouldn't even take it back. I've tried this before and it didn't work out, but I ended up giving pm a shot and it surprised me!

Need Help? Let's chat.