cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim message

polaken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I bought a new Sim card yesterday and I'm trying to activate it through the website. However, just after typing my simcard number I'm getting an error message "Invalid sim number". Tried with Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge, incognito mode, cleaning cookies, restart and all basic troubleshooting. Also wrote a message to Moderator, but no answer so far.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@polaken wrote:

Finally went to the store and changed the sim card. Thanks for the answers.

This thread can be closed.

See that black box saying Accept as solution? You can click that on the post with that answer.

@polaken wrote:

@polaken  Glad to hear. The best way to close the thread is for you to mark one of the replies as the solution.

polaken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@polaken wrote:

Hi,

I bought a new Sim card yesterday and I'm trying to activate it through the website. However, just after typing my simcard number I'm getting an error message "Invalid sim number". Tried with Chrome, IE, Firefox and Edge, incognito mode, cleaning cookies, restart and all basic troubleshooting. Also wrote a message to Moderator, but no answer so far.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

@polaken  Where did you buy the sim from? Was it a new sim card?. If you get an invalid sim card error as soon as you put in the S# then there are three possible scenarios:

•  Sim has been previously activated and account cancelled
  •  There was an issue during your activation session and you account got locked
  •  The sim card is defective or you are not entering the sim number correctly

In the first case you need a new sim. If number 2 occured then you need to wait an hour and try the activation again. To eliminate number three check the sim number and use the one printed on the card.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@polaken 

Looks like that you already tried most of the basic troubleshooting suggestions.  

One possibility is that your SIM card is indeed invalid.  You might need to return to store to get the SIM card replaced with another one.  

Moderators will take up to 48 hours to respond.  

Need Help? Let's chat.