cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card

jimeagle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I bouthe sim card from wallmart  few days ago with new phone number,after installing the sim card  every thing works perfect then i port my own number from PC through modrator and now nothing work and massage said INVALID SIM CARD.

My phone is moto g 3rd and i unlock the phone the first time install the sim card with a pin number from PC  P/S All the option on phone setting for net working and oprator info etc are grey and not responding and I rest the networking too. Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@jimeagle wrote:

As i explain two time before i got the unlock pin and put in the phone and every thing works the problem start  after porting the number and reinserting the sim card.

Hi, you say that the PM sim card works in a different phone....this clearly takes the sim card (PM) out of the equation leaving only the phone to work with. What happens when you put a different sim card (not PM) that you know is working into your phone?

EDIT: Confirm with your PM sim card in the other phone that everything is working, text in/out, calls in/out and data if you have it.

jimeagle

As i explain two time before i got the unlock pin and put in the phone and every thing works the problem start  after porting the number and reinserting the sim card.

@jimeagle You need to unlock your PC phone to accept the Public Mobile SIM card.

jimeagle

Up date info: This morning I install my sim card to another phone and every thing is OK.

This is very bizarre because this sim card work before with my moto g 3rd generation

when i installed the sim card first time ask for sim card network pin number and after putting the pin number every thing work fine but when my phone stop working with PC I install the PM sim card but didn't ask for pin again just massage NOT VALID SIM CARD

@jimeagle wrote:

For every body information the only way to port your number from PC mobile company is through moderator and my account is in good shape every think is OK

@jimeagle 

Then something weird happened with your port.  As oracle will13am suggested above, you should contact moderator again who ported your number.  Just reply via private message.  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  

What happens if you call the temporary number? From another phone obviously.

jimeagle

For every body information the only way to port your number from PC mobile company is through moderator and my account is in good shape every think is OK

jimeagle

yes i received  confirmation massage

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jimeagle , I am confused by your statement p"from PC through moderator".  Normally, customers submit porting information via the self serve account.  The moderators for support porting if you private message them with the request.  Which did you do?  Also porting should not mess up your account to the extent of creating an invalid SIM card error.  Are you able to get into your account and check the status of your account?  If everything looks okay there, perhaps your hardware may have problems reading the SIM card.  If you went the moderator route with the number port, keep the conversation going with them and have them look into your problem.  Looking forward to more detail so that focused suggestions can be provided. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jimeagle how long since you ported something may have gone wrong here is the moderator link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try removing the sim card and reinsert it then reboot your phone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jimeagle hi it sounds like they are still porting your number you should get a message when its done

Need Help? Let's chat.