cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card number

nigelhorvath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a brand new sim card purchased from Walmart and after filling out the registration page, it tells me I have an invalid sim card number. I have triple checked the card number and there is only one 19 digit number on the sim card. Yes I have entered it correctly. What do I do now because I can't activate the phone.

21 REPLIES 21

@nigelhorvath  Thanks for the update...bad Sims are a rarity. You probably saved a whole batch of botched activations by being unlucky enough to get (hopefully) the first one of the bad apples in the bunch. You can count yourself as special! Oh and welcome to public mobile!

nigelhorvath

Thanks for all the replies folks but after going back to Walmart, it turns out it was a bad sim and after going through 2 more cards, she found 1 that was good and did the setup right there in the store. It appears there is a bad batch of sim cards here in sylvan lake. Happy new year  to everyone.

@marimacas  Your suggestions have already been tried without success. Make sure you read the entire thread so your post adds value to the thread rather than reiterating what has already been  tried unsuccessfully.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried to clear your cache and use a different web browser (I used FireFox without any issues) already?
If the error still does appear, ask Wal-Mart for exchange and try activate your new Sim in store.

@Jujubean  It's a big no no posting referral codes in the community. Only in a private message. Offering and asking for them as well. I suggest you edit it out of your post. Three dots in the green square at the top right of your post and click edit.

Jujubean

@Ed404 

I had the same problem in first activation. 

You need ti open a ticket then they will activate your account. As soon as you enter a sim number, the system mark it as activated. But they could fix it. 

If you want use this friend code to gather a friend rebate activation **********

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you get the "invalid sim" message when atempting to activate, it means the sim card may have already been activated. Try inserting the sim in your phone. What happens?

If you're unable to activate the sim, you can contact moderators to inquire about a refund.

To submit a ticket to moderators, click on the green question mark at bottom right to get started.

Enter your question into SIMon. Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

@nigelhorvathFollow @Jb456 instructions and keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar for a response from a moderator.

@nigelhorvath wrote:

How do I get ahold of a moderator?Simon.JPG

nigelhorvath

How do I get ahold of a moderator?

@nigelhorvath  Before you do that....you did enter it successfully the first time and then got an error. Did you make it to the payment page? You could have registered it but have an incomplete account. Contact the moderators tonight and when they get back to you probably in the morning have them check to see if it's registered and have them complete your activation.

@nigelhorvath  It does appear you have a faulty SIM. Ask Wal-Mart for a refund. Then do your activation in store and get a free SIM. They could even try to activate the same SIM. It would either prove your point or work...a win win.

nigelhorvath

That's the first thing I did was take a picture of the sim. I cleared the cash and didn't work, then downloaded Firefox and still didn't work so I guess I'm going back to Walmart tomorrow.

@nigelhorvath  What kind of device are you using? Desktop, laptops or tablets will work better than a phone. Try this....completely clear all browsers history. Reboot the device. Make sure you have waited a full hour. Use chrome or Firefox in secret/incognito mode. Only the one tab open.  Take a pic of the SIM card number and enlarge it so you can see the numbers clearly. Can you get past the first step without getting the error message?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@nigelhorvath wrote:

I have tried everything and it still says invalid sim. any other ideas?

Try again tomorrow on a different computer

@nigelhorvath  wrote:

It is very very rare to get an invalid sim. If you already tried using incognito/private browsing mode and waited a few hours before trying again, your might have a bad sim. You can try going back to Walmart and see if they can do anything about it. 

nigelhorvath

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Refresh the page and try again a reasonable amount of time later. Page issues correct themselves eventually.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I had the same problem when I first activated just try again later with a different browser.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nigelhorvath wrote:

I have a brand new sim card purchased from Walmart and after filling out the registration page, it tells me I have an invalid sim card number. I have triple checked the card number and there is only one 19 digit number on the sim card. Yes I have entered it correctly. What do I do now because I can't activate the phone.

Clear your cache files, use a different web browser, try incognito mode.

Give it an hour before repeating attempt.

Good luck.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@nigelhorvath wrote:

I would try it using your browser in private or incognito mode.  You may need to way an hour to try again but I would give it a shot.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.