cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim card message

peggylynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I picked up my Public Mobile sim card today and while I was going through the sign-up process, at the Choose your Nember point ( the second page of the process), when I tried to select a different number from the one I had just clicked on, I got bumped out of that page and back to the first page of the sign-up/sim card activation page. Most of my information was still there, so I just had to re-enter my password (twice), and click on continue. I was then informed that my sim card was not valid. How do I get back into the activation form so I can finish?

4 REPLIES 4

peggylynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, that worked

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If you never entered a payment, just wait an hour and try again. The system should clear itself. Open a new incognito window just to be sure you have fresh start.

While you're waiting here's my suggested reading for all newcomers: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

Welcome aboard. Robot Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@peggylynn wrote:

I picked up my Public Mobile sim card today and while I was going through the sign-up process, at the Choose your Nember point ( the second page of the process), when I tried to select a different number from the one I had just clicked on, I got bumped out of that page and back to the first page of the sign-up/sim card activation page. Most of my information was still there, so I just had to re-enter my password (twice), and click on continue. I was then informed that my sim card was not valid. How do I get back into the activation form so I can finish?

Try clearing your cache and cookies.  Also try another browser and incognito mode.  PM's website can be glitchy.  You can also try waiting another hour before another attempt.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Sim gets locked for about an hour

Best thing is to wait clear your cashe too.

Using incognito mode is also better option as things run smoother in that mode

Need Help? Let's chat.