cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Invalid sim but I have been charged lol...

@pinkflamingo 

Does your screen show Public mobile one of the upper corners?  Describe what you see on your phone....  how long did you attempt your activation/port?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It says no service.  I get  a WIFI signal tho.  I put the Telus one back in and it works.

Mayor / Maire

@pinkflamingo 

If Public mobile did not take your money already, then I would say try the activation again, but since it did take your money, I would suggest contact moderator with your issue.  I was hoping that by taking your money, PM did your activation already, but it does not look like it.

Moderators are PM employees that can fix account issues.  Write a detailed private message including your SIM card number, Telus account number, account holder name and Telus phone number wanted to port.  

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As you wait for moderator response (1-2 days), continue to use your Telus SIM card.  If it stops working for some reason, then try your PM SIM card. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried for about an hour but gave up.  I used multiple browsers ( cache cleared).  I get a message saying invalid SIM on the PM site.  phone says no service with PM card in it.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The long way is to contact the Moderators which will take a few days.

Since this is a new account, the short way is just bite the bullet on the $10.. go and get another one and activate it with a different email and credit card (or better a voucher with a month or two worth of credit + a credit card on file to get autopay).

All way leads to Rome eventually.. it just depends on how much your time is worth while you are in limbo.. Let say it is a $40 plan + $10 card.. $50 / 48 hours wait.. is your time without a phone worth a buck an hour?

It sucks but it is what it is.