cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid sim but I have been charged lol...

pinkflamingo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HELP!!!Tried activating my sim, noticed I punched my adresse in wrong so I pushed the back button.  got an error message.  Tried continuing to port my phone number with the wrong address anyway( figured I would change it in my profile when I signed in later0.  Got another error message.  

When I go back to the activate screen I get a invalid SIM message.  My creadit card has been charged for the plan I selected, but I cant login lol Help

14 REPLIES 14

The long way is to contact the Moderators which will take a few days.

Since this is a new account, the short way is just bite the bullet on the $10.. go and get another one and activate it with a different email and credit card (or better a voucher with a month or two worth of credit + a credit card on file to get autopay).

All way leads to Rome eventually.. it just depends on how much your time is worth while you are in limbo.. Let say it is a $40 plan + $10 card.. $50 / 48 hours wait.. is your time without a phone worth a buck an hour?

It sucks but it is what it is.

pinkflamingo

I tried for about an hour but gave up.  I used multiple browsers ( cache cleared).  I get a message saying invalid SIM on the PM site.  phone says no service with PM card in it.

@pinkflamingo 

If Public mobile did not take your money already, then I would say try the activation again, but since it did take your money, I would suggest contact moderator with your issue.  I was hoping that by taking your money, PM did your activation already, but it does not look like it.

Moderators are PM employees that can fix account issues.  Write a detailed private message including your SIM card number, Telus account number, account holder name and Telus phone number wanted to port.  

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As you wait for moderator response (1-2 days), continue to use your Telus SIM card.  If it stops working for some reason, then try your PM SIM card. 

pinkflamingo

It says no service.  I get  a WIFI signal tho.  I put the Telus one back in and it works.

@pinkflamingo 

Does your screen show Public mobile one of the upper corners?  Describe what you see on your phone....  how long did you attempt your activation/port?

pinkflamingo

Thanks I did that...No service still

pinkflamingo

What next? thanks !!!

@pinkflamingo 

Try re-booting your phone with your PM sim card in it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkflamingo wrote:

HELP!!!Tried activating my sim, noticed I punched my adresse in wrong so I pushed the back button.  got an error message.  Tried continuing to port my phone number with the wrong address anyway( figured I would change it in my profile when I signed in later0.  Got another error message.  

When I go back to the activate screen I get a invalid SIM message.  My creadit card has been charged for the plan I selected, but I cant login lol Help

LOL! Errors all over the place but the system finds a way to take your money. Try to do things by all the proper methods and the system never takes the money and locks the cc out.

Incredible.

pinkflamingo

Public Sim In my phone now ...No service

@pinkflamingo 

That means that your port is not done yet if your Telus SIM card still works.  Telus ports are usually quite quick since Telus, Koodo and PM are the same company.  Your port might be stuck.  

Have you tried putting PM sim card into your phone yet?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

pinkflamingo

When I call my phone with the old Telus SIm it rings so...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pinkflamingo 

Have you tried putting your PM Sim card in the phone?  See whether you get any service. If you are porting over a number, it might take a few minutes to a few hours depending on whcih mobile company.  If landline or VOIP line, it can take several days.  Does your original carrier SIM card work still?

You only need to have correct address for your billing information for the credit card, so if you got charged, that went through.  

Need Help? Let's chat.