cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid siim

Oilersman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently re activated an existing sim card that I wasn't using for a little while. (new device now) All paid up and account shows its all good. Now, when I log into account and enter Sim card number to activate it... It says invalid Sim number.

1)Any idea why?

2) im trying to contact public Mobile so I can add my imei number so this Sim card will work in my new device. Is this the way to do this? 

Thx 

13 REPLIES 13

@JohnoRono wrote:

What plan and phone are you using?  If it's a 4g plan then it won't be compatible with your phone.

Plan type has no relation to phone comaptibility. All Pubilc Mobile customers have access to both 3g and LTE networks (dependent on compatibility), regardless of the price plan.

@Oilersman wrote:

WCDMA 900/2100MHz (3G version support)
GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Networks WCDMA/GSM/GPRS

Worked on Rogers but not sure if there is much difference. Last year the GPS unit helped me on y stolen a $94,000 F350 big diesel. So I really want to get this working again for my new diesel. If I have to I'll go back to Rogers, but I'd rather not haha.

Sorry, but your phone is not compatible with Public Mobile.

JohnoRono
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What plan and phone are you using?  If it's a 4g plan then it won't be compatible with your phone.

Oilersman

WCDMA 900/2100MHz (3G version support)
GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Networks WCDMA/GSM/GPRS

Worked on Rogers but not sure if there is much difference. Last year the GPS unit helped me on y stolen a $94,000 F350 big diesel. So I really want to get this working again for my new diesel. If I have to I'll go back to Rogers, but I'd rather not haha.

@Oilersman wrote:

Ok. What I am trying to do is this... Use my good working Sim card and put it into a gps tracker. This worked 100% with a different provider (Rogers) but it was too costly. This sim card is public mobiles from an older phone of mine.

I'll have to ensure that the sim card is functional later by putting it into another phone. I'm sure it is though. I just am wondering now if it'll work for the gps tracker. It just needs 3g network and I do have that plan. Can't be much difference from Rogers to public?

What's the model of the GPS? As it has to support public mobile frequency bands..

Oilersman

Ok. What I am trying to do is this... Use my good working Sim card and put it into a gps tracker. This worked 100% with a different provider (Rogers) but it was too costly. This sim card is public mobiles from an older phone of mine.

I'll have to ensure that the sim card is functional later by putting it into another phone. I'm sure it is though. I just am wondering now if it'll work for the gps tracker. It just needs 3g network and I do have that plan. Can't be much difference from Rogers to public?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Oilersman  No need to reactivate the sim card. As long as you reactivates your account just insert your sim into your device and it should work. If not submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Oilersman  Have you put the SIM in your phone to see if it works?

@Oilersman wrote:

Sim wasnt over that 90 day period and account now shows it as active once they took my payment. But still shows as invalid Sim number when I try to enter it into the form. 

Why are you activating a sim? It says invalid because it'a already being used. Did you lose your old sim?

@Oilersman wrote:

Sim wasnt over that 90 day period and account now shows it as active once they took my payment. But still shows as invalid Sim number when I try to enter it into the form. 

IF you are just reactivating your plan you won't need to go to change SIM or anything like that.  AS LONG AS it is under 90 days you pay for your plan and everything should be good to go.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Oilersman

Butterflybabe69

When I bought a new sim card it did this aswell, I just used a different device to put info into. If that's not possible try an alternate browser

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Oilersman wrote:

Recently re activated an existing sim card that I wasn't using for a little while. (new device now) All paid up and account shows its all good. Now, when I log into account and enter Sim card number to activate it... It says invalid Sim number.

1)Any idea why?

2) im trying to contact public Mobile so I can add my imei number so this Sim card will work in my new device. Is this the way to do this? 

Thx 

If your SIM card has been inactive for over 90 days you will need to purchase a new SIM card.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.