cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid phone number! Help!!

iritchie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have my new SIM card and I m attempting to create an account BUT when I enter my phone number at step one it says that it's either invalid OR that I have already created an account and prompts me to recover my forgotten password.  When I attempt to recover my password, it links to my wifes account and changes her password instead. After some looking I discovered that she entered my phone number as an alternate number for her account- I suspect this is the problem. I have deleted my number from the "alternate number" field in her account but I am still unable to create my own account.  Frustrating.  Is there any help out there???

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@iritchie , please review this activation guide.  It's a great illustration of the activation process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

litt007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok try the Online Activation link below:
https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

It runs you through the account setup where you enter your new PM SIM and all your info, then step 2 is where it handles the phone #.  Given that your old phone # is with Bell, it may be eligible to automatically transfer over to PM (porting a number is simply the term for transferring an existing # from one carrier to another). 

As mentioned before, if it comes back as not eligible, just pick a new PM phone # and you can message the Moderators to port your Bell # over once the SIM is activated. Make sense? Hope that helps.

iritchie

Hey, thanks for replying. My PM account creation is definitely not complete. It's not even really started. I am trying to use my old number. It's not a pre-paid number. It's from a Bell plan that I m transitioning away from.  I m not really sure what "porting" is. 

iritchie

Hi, thanks for replying. I haven't even been asked for an email address yet. I m stuck at step 1 where I m asked for my phone number.

litt007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It sounds like perhaps your new PM account creation might not yet be complete. 

Are you selecting a new PM phone # or are you trying to enter your old # to port over?  Note there are situations where the latter cannot be done during the SIM registration process.  If the number you enter shows as not eligible, you can setup a new PM # and deal with the porting later after the SIM gets activated. This is a common situation for some pre-paid #s.  As well you will need to private message the Moderators to request their assistance with porting.

Hope this helps.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@iritchie wrote:

Hello, I have my new SIM card and I m attempting to create an account BUT when I enter my phone number at step one it says that it's either invalid OR that I have already created an account and prompts me to recover my forgotten password.  When I attempt to recover my password, it links to my wifes account and changes her password instead. After some looking I discovered that she entered my phone number as an alternate number for her account- I suspect this is the problem. I have deleted my number from the "alternate number" field in her account but I am still unable to create my own account.  Frustrating.  Is there any help out there???

@iritchie When activating a new sim you need to use a different email you cannot use the same email from another active account. If your email account allows you to use aliases then that would be another option.

Need Help? Let's chat.