cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid number- mine

Aisha712
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I am trying to register on a third party website using me cell number but it keeps telling me my cell number is invalid. And I cannot receive an authorization code. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Aisha712 wrote:

I can text and receive texts and and make and receive calls. 

I used my husband's number on the website, same area code as mine, no issue. I use mine and its invalid authorisation.

I have tried entering the number multiple ways, spoke to their helpline. No issue from their end.

If you are sure you entered the number correctly, then we can assume it's bad karma to keep it.

Change Your Phone Number

To change your phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Here, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could there be an issue with the specific number? Is this a new number for you? I'm thinking maybe there was a problem with the previous owner. Etc. B.T.W. I'm stumped lol. Interested to see the solution. Lol.

@Aisha712 wrote:

I used my husband's number on the website, same area code as mine, no issue. I use mine and its invalid authorisation.

I have tried entering the number multiple ways, spoke to their helpline. No issue from their end.

@Aisha712 wrote:

@Aisha712  If your account has been activated for more that 30 days then change your number via the selfserve website with another number and it should work.

Aisha712

zblackma

Are you able to receive/send messages? Call out/in? If yes, your number is valid.  If you cant do any of this, then you should contact a moderator using Simon (?tionmark below) type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. 

It may be the way that you are entering the number on the website.  Did you play around with it? Or do you have one of the new area codes? The website may not be set up to recognize it.

@Aisha712 wrote:

So I am trying to register on a third party website using me cell number but it keeps telling me my cell number is invalid. And I cannot receive an authorization code. 

Aisha712

Is the area code the reason, I am having this issue? I am not attached to the number and my number has same area code. His is not invalid, only mine is

@Aisha712 wrote:

It's a new number with public mobile. I got it last month. Both my husband and I. His is fine. Mine shows as invalid

If you received a number with a newer area code, perhaps you can opt for a different number with a well known area code. You can request a number change (if you are not particularly attached to the number you have atm).

XionBunny

@will13am wrote:

@Aisha712, is this a new account with Public Mobile?  Did you obtain a new number or completed a number port? 

I believe the op is trying to link their phone number with some other third party web site and is unable to, least that's what it sounds like.

Aisha712

It's a new number with public mobile. I got it last month. Both my husband and I. His is fine. Mine shows as invalid

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Aisha712, is this a new account with Public Mobile?  Did you obtain a new number or completed a number port? 

Need Help? Let's chat.