cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim?

Noodlez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to activate my new PM sim card when the internet conked out. When I tried to go through activation again it told me it was invalid sim number.
Did I do something wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you entered the SIM successfully in first attempt; and now you have "Invalid SIM" it means that you have associated the SIM with a PM account - which would be your phone number [that you are trying to port to PM].

You will require a moderator assistance to fix the issue; expect 72 hours response time.

I suggest you login using the account using your "user name" (email address) and password. You will need to "activate" the account, the PM will send you a text message with a code. You will therefore need to put your "old" SIM back in the phone, in order to get this text message.

Once you have logged in, check your plan, your payment history, I suspect you will find your payment has posted and your "clock is ticking" but of course you have no cell phone service, and a 3 day wait until someone can actually help you get the service working. Make sure you insist on getting a credit for your "down time" since it was not your fault.

If your credit card was not charged, you are in better shape, you still need to get a moderator to fix the issue with the SIM, but you won't be charged for 3 days of service at least.

Remember your old plan will be active until the number port is successful.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Noodlez , check your credit card account for any payments that may have been posted due to activation.  If there was no payment posted, then you can redo the activation once the session lock ends which is typically about one hour.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile website is tres slow right now and prone to timing out, as you've found out. Try again the evening. Good luck.

You could really try it now, but sometimes site issues and system traffic causes this sort of thing. If your sim is temporarily locked by the site it will be freed again within an hour.

I've had the same error in the past, followed the advice of another community member (which I posted earlier) and it worked right away. Other times I had to wait the hour.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Likely not. Try again in an hour. Clear your browser cache and use incognito mode if you can.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Likely not. Try again in an hour. Clear your browser cache and use incognito mode if you can.

Need Help? Let's chat.