cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim?

mememe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to activate my sim, as it says its invalid! What should i do?

5 REPLIES 5

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

probably need a bit more detail here.

- new SIM?

- new account?

- unlocked phone?

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Clear browser cache and try again was getting the same error on activation page with a brand new SIM yesterday...also the select new number drop down box was not populating correctly.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mememe

Is it a new unused PM SIM card?  If it's ever been used before then it can't be (re)activated.

Are you sure your device unlocked?  Carrier-locked phones can say "Invalid SIM" when other-carrier SIM cards are installed.  Blacklisted devices (registered as lost/stolen) can do the same.  The exact message varies with device brand/model - what kind of phone do you have and where do you get it?

Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team if you need their assistance.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did you go through the process once and it failed?

I think you will need to contact the mods

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

If it says invalid then the sim must be used before. Are you sure it's a brand new sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.