cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim

Sheikhspeare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi, I've been with Public Mobile for a couple months now. Recently, (since two days ago) I have been getting an 'Invalid Sim' message at the top left of my phone'a screen, whereas it usually reads 'Public Mobile'. It came back after a while yesterday, but tonight, it has been hours that I am unable to access my Data plan and/or send messages (the Invalid Sim notification has reappeared).

If someone can PM me and resolve this or tell me a solution in the comments ASAP.

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rockdaddy22 oh, thank you! 😄 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Keep up the great work Saray 🙂

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Sheikhspeare

I'm really sorry about this!

If you still need help, could you send me your Public Mobile account number or SIM card number via private message?

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JackL

Did you try to put this SIM card on another phone?

There are few more things you could try:

1. Take out the SIM card and insert it back in again, it might be dust/contact issue between the phone and the SIM card. Or it would be slightly off.

2. I have seen phones with bad design, where the SIM contacting metal plate in the phone slightly lower than it should be. Usually I put a small piece of paper on the back side of the SIM card to make the contact better. Which solved my SIM card contacting issues.

Hope those helps and good luck.

Sheikhspeare

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D

Please help as this is still an ongoing issue for me.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It sounds like you have a bad sim Card.  Here is how to contact PM

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

suefs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Can you try the sim card in another unlocked phone to determine if the sim card is faulty and if so order a new one?
Need Help? Let's chat.