cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim

Bradh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchase a PM Sim card this morning at WOW mobile. WOW activated the Sim

and ask that my phone number be ported from Freedom Mobile. Iam now receiveing a text from PM asking that I fill out the online activation form. When I go to fill in the form I get a message Invalid SIM

7 REPLIES 7

@hairbag1 wrote:

@computergeek541...I've tested your suggestion and when I type in "open ticket"...fails ! Do you have update on your suggestion to start a ticket ?

That used to work and did for quite a while. I have no idea why SIMon is now giving a nonsense response about Public Mobile staying open.

Typing in "contact us", selecting "account specific question", "no, I want a human", "submit a ticket. Click me" works.

It shouldn't be this hard, if you're listenning Public Mobile.  Customers shouldn't have to try to figure out how to talk to the moderators, or need to find ways to bypass SIMon.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Bradh wrote:

and ask that my phone number be ported from Freedom Mobile. Iam now receiveing a text from PM asking that I fill out the online activation form. When I go to fill in the form I get a message Invalid SIM

You don't need to go to any activation form as a sim card can only be activated once. That text message means that porting has outright failed.

Before anything else go into your Freedom Mobile self serve account to get your Freedom account number.  

You will then to open a ticket with the moderators. Click the question mark in the bottom right of your screen. Type in "open ticket", click " contact us", and then click on the button to open a ticket.  The moderators will need your Freedom Mobile account number.

@computergeek541...I've tested your suggestion and when I type in "open ticket"...fails ! Do you have update on your suggestion to start a ticket ?

@Triguy wrote:

Try waiting an hour and then try registering again.  If that does not work them clear your cache and cookies and use incognito mode.

The account is already active since the customer is receiving text messages from Public Mobile.

@Bradh wrote:

You don't need to go to any activation form as a sim card can only be activated once. That text message means that porting has outright failed.

Before anything else go into your Freedom Mobile self serve account to get your Freedom account number.  

You will then to open a ticket with the moderators. Click the question mark in the bottom right of your screen. Type in "open ticket", click " contact us", and then click on the button to open a ticket.  Type in "contact us", select "account specific question", "no, I want a human", and use the "click me" button under "submit a ticket". The moderators will need your Freedom Mobile account number.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This is an old msg. The port did not go thru properly is the message. Today we create a support ticket.

I believe you have to provide the account number, full name on the account and the account pin from your freedom account.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try waiting an hour and then try registering again.  If that does not work them clear your cache and cookies and use incognito mode.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Bradh click here to start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket for the failed number port! https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.