cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim error

Rstoyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

setting up new account for family member got invalid Sim error  Then when retried again after waiting an hour got. 

"The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

7 REPLIES 7

Rstoyles

it worked this morning.

@Rstoyles wrote:

did not get to the payment screen when entering info on first screen it came back invalid sim and will not  let me use the email now when I tried the second time after waiting an hour. 

Wait an hour, clear cache and cookies, open incognito page.

Then try again.

@Rstoyles wrote:

did not get to the payment screen when entering info on first screen it came back invalid sim and will not  let me use the email now when I tried the second time after waiting an hour. 

HI @Rstoyles ,

Try clearing your browser's cache and open a tab in incognito mode, then try again.

Unless that email could have been used for another account? Ensure you enter the email correct.

Rstoyles

softech
Oracle
Oracle

when you on the activation site, did you already entered your credit card info?  If so, can you check if your credit card already charged?

sometime, credit card was charged, the site returns error of some kind, but in fact, the account was already activated.

If you notice your credit card was charged, your account was indeed setup.  Just that it takes time for the actual setup.  It usually is quick, usually 15 min.  But lately, ppl new account might not setup for like 2 hours.

try put in the sim again, reboot your phone every 30 mins

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Rstoyles wrote:

setting up new account for family member got invalid Sim error  Then when retried again after waiting an hour got. 

"The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

Did your credit card get charged? If yes, put the sim in the phone and reboot to see if you have service.

@Rstoyles wrote:

Did you see the invalid SIM card message on the activation website or on your phone's screen.  

If you're speaking of the activation website, did you get an invalid SIM card message the first time as well? I'm assuming that the error message went away after waiting the hour.  If you were a Public Mobile customer previously, you do need to use a different e-mail address than last time.

Need Help? Let's chat.