cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim CARD

israelcintra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I tried to activate my sim card and in the last step there was an error. I tried again now, but a message appears saying that the SIM CARD, which I just received, is invalid.

Please help me.

8 REPLIES 8

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I set mine up a month ago, twice said invalid sim card, in red letters, i would say the system is sensitive, after, a couple of tries, which i was getting frustrated, had to keep inputting information, finally it worked.hope it works out.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@israelcintra wrote:

Hello, I tried to activate my sim card and in the last step there was an error. I tried again now, but a message appears saying that the SIM CARD, which I just received, is invalid.

Please help me.

Couple of things you can do to see if it activated, one try using your phone. Look at your self serve account to see if it shows active. Check the method of payment you used and see if it was charged. If none of that worked, do what everyone else was saying, wait an hour or two, clear your cache and browsing history, even go.  into incognito. Then try again. If there is still an issue contact the moderators by putting a ticket in with Simon the bottom right corner:Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.03.44 AM.png Or you can contact them through this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @israelcintra 

Try using your sim card

If it is not working they again in 50 mins, session locks sim card for about an hour.

Welcome to public mobile

Also don't forget your friend's referral

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@israelcintra wrote:

Please help me.

@israelcintra  Try the sim in your phone, does it connect to Public's network? If you dial *611 is your account activated and can you make calls? If yes, try to access your selfserve account. If you can't then click here to register your selfserve account.

If your sim can't connect to the network then you need to try the sim activation again after the previous session lock clears (takes about an hour to clear).

Hope this helps!

@israelcintra if your credit card was charged, and the SIM works. Try logging into your self service account. If it doesn't exist, create one. https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@israelcintra Hello if you got past the payment phaseand then got your error try your Sim in your phone to see if it works

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@israelcintra Try it in intigonto mode on Chrome. Clear your cache and cookies. There might be a problem with the activation system as there are a few other community members reporting problems during activation. Just keep trying after every hour. Did any payment go through ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@israelcintra wrote:

Please help me.

Wait an hour and try again after restart your browser.

This is because your SIM card number is still locked to your failed session.  Wait one hour for PM server to cancel your old session and release your SIM card number.

Need Help? Let's chat.