cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Dorae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, just wanted to know if I bought a new PM SIM from a Koodo Store, shows "invalid SIM' when I tried to activate it online, and when I brought it back to the store, they wouldn't change it for me for free, I had to buy a new SIM, can I report them or I did have to buy a new SIM.  Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Dorae

send message to MOD already, good to know and thanks!!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Dorae wrote:

thanks, I've tried every possible solution that was available from the Community, was just wondering if I should give them a bad review in google...hahaha🤣

See @Jb456 post to contact the moderators to see if that sim number has previously been used. They may give you a credit on your account once you have successfully activated on your new sim.

Dorae

thanks, I've tried every possible solution that was available from the Community, was just wondering if I should give them a bad review in google...hahaha🤣

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Dorae wrote:

didn't even enter any info yet, I just entered the SIM number and showed "invalid SIM", so I didn't even proceed with first name, last name, DOB etc etc

Try again but clear browser cache and cookies first. The open a new browser in incognito.

Dorae

didn't even enter any info yet, I just entered the SIM number and showed "invalid SIM", so I didn't even proceed with first name, last name, DOB etc etc

Dorae

the new SIM was sealed

Dorae

I brought the SIM back to store and they were trying to help with the process and also showed "invalid SIM", was rushing so I just went ahead and bought a new card 😞

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Dorae wrote:

Hello, just wanted to know if I bought a new PM SIM from a Koodo Store, shows "invalid SIM' when I tried to activate it online, and when I brought it back to the store, they wouldn't change it for me for free, I had to buy a new SIM, can I report them or I did have to buy a new SIM.  Thanks

Let’s see if we can get the old sim working.

Check your credit card to see if you have been charged during activation. If yes put old sim in phone and reboot. If no, wait 50 minutes and try activating again. This time use the live chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Dorae 

Well what's the reason it said invalid sim? Did you by chance hit the back button during activation? Or possibly the system had an error.

When this happens and it says invalid sim. Usually first thing to check (if you made it to payment section) is if credit card was charged. If it was charged you'd put sim card in phone and see if it works 

If not charged. You wait 1 hour and try again as system locks SIM card for 50 minutes.

Anyways that has passed now since you bought another sim card.

You can write to moderators. They work for Public Mobile. See what they have to say about the situation. Maybe they'll be nice and issue you a credit to your PM balance. 

Simon.JPG

  

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you used a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. That will be credited to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dorae  - Was the SIM sealed when you bought it?  There is almost no reason for it not to work.  I would check with the moderator team.  They might be able to track down the SIM card to see if it has ever been used.  It might still be valid.  Click on the chat bubble in the lower right corner to start up Simon.  It will guide you through the process of contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.