cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

SamG11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate, though it told me my SIM was invalid.

11 REPLIES 11

@Shannon1101  Try the activation again in an hour so that the current session lock can clear out.

Shannon1101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I entered it the first time and it took, but before I summited it, I had to change the email address. Then when I went to resubmitted, it said invalid sim....please help!  

kermodi

SamG11 - check your bank account/credit card and see if payment has been taken out.

I activated this past Tuesday.

I got a message saying there had been an error with activation and I should try again.

When I did, I got the "Invalid SIM" message.

I checked my account and lo and behold - the payment HAD come out.

Turned out the first attempt at activating actually did go through.

From there I just had to sign in.

Great service - less than half the cost I was paying, and better, stronger signal!

Love it!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SamG11 wrote:

@SamG11  If you got that error the very first time you tried activating then that card has been previously been activated and you will need a new one. If that error occurred after trying a subsequent attempt you will need to wait at least an hour for the current session lock to reset before attempting the activation again.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try clearing your cache and cookies, then wait a few hours and use a different browser. If this SIM has been used before then it will not work. If this still doesn't work, contact a Moderator.

SamG11

Thank you staliger 

@SamG11 Welcome to PM. Hopefully in 1 hour you will activate successfully and start enjoying service and savings😉

SamG11

It is a new account, just got the SIM card today. I will try and wait. Thanks

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SamG11 wrote:

Is this a new account with a new sim ? If it's an old sim card, you won't be able to use it...you'd need a new sim.

Atlantis7

Try to activate it again carefully. If that does not work, try a different browser such as microsoft edge or firefox. If that does not work, contact the moderator team for further assistance.

Cheers.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@SamG11 Wait for an hour and try again. Clear cache and cookies and use incognito mode for your browser that time.

Need Help? Let's chat.