cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Heyhurly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I've been trying to activate my SIM card for the past 2-3 days but I always keep on getting the invalid SIM number. I've double checked it so many times but still, it is saying that. I've cleared browser cache, history etc. Please help! Thanks. 

20 REPLIES 20

👍

payammasjedi

My apologies I didn’t knew that.

I edited the post.

Thanks for informing me.

@payammasjedi  Posting of referral codes in this forum is strictly prohibited. Please edit your post (three dots) and remove the code asap.

payammasjedi

First of all just verify that the payment is done.

Then go to PM website in the ‘Plans’ section, click on the live chat... Then type ‘contact a mod’ and click the option that says you prefer human.

You will be given a link to fill the required information and when you click submit, get the ticket number... A mod will answer you around 30 minutes or maximum 2 hours.

When they started to send you private messages, Provide SIM cad number , phone number, plan and any referral code you have.

The mod will follow up with you, normally with a temporary number to activate your SIM card and, if you’re porting your number, then they will follow that on the SAME THREAD AND TICKET INFO so you don’t need to get another ticket.

I hope it works for you but the punch line is “have patience and don’t worry”

@Heyhurly if it's still not working, make a new community account and try submitting another ticket. do all of this in incognito private mode.

have you tried entering the email and password you signed up to self serve with, when creating the ticket?

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Heyhurly i had this same type of issue, but was able to get it to work in incognito mode

@Heyhurly wrote:

from their website

@Heyhurly  Try this. Clear your browsers cache. Restart your computer. Make sure cookies and JavaScript are enabled. If you were using Chrome then use Edge. If your were not using using Chrome then try Chrome. Try the activation one more time. If you are getting an "Invalid SIM" error then you must submit a ticket for help.

Heyhurly

from their website

Heyhurly

Did that and it is saying username error or error logging in. I have done all the spelling checks etc. It's all correct. I got 20/20 vision. EVERYTHING that I have typed is correct.

@Heyhurly wrote:

But it is a new sim card. I just got this? I've never had a public mobile account before. This is the first time.

@Heyhurly  If it's a new card did you try the sim in your phone? Does it connect to Public's network? If not, where did you purchase the card from?

@Heyhurly you have to re-enter the community login and password again. 

Heyhurly

Thanks. Honestly this is pretty awful first experience. I am trying to submit a ticket but it's asking me to verify. I am already logged in.

@Heyhurly it's the website that's the problem. just keep trying to activate in private incognito mode.

if it's still not working you can message customer support here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Heyhurly

But it is a new sim card. I just got this? I've never had a public mobile account before. This is the first time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Heyhurly wrote:

Hi there. I've been trying to activate my SIM card for the past 2-3 days but I always keep on getting the invalid SIM number. I've double checked it so many times but still, it is saying that. I've cleared browser cache, history etc. Please help! Thanks. 

@Heyhurly  If you waited for an hour between tries and still get the "Invalid SIM" error then:

1. Your card has been activated
  2. You card has been activated in the past and cannot be re-activated

buang99
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Restart your phone.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Heyhurly 

Where did you get the card!

Was your cc charged?

If no please contact moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

If yes, try using it

Try signing into your selfserve, if you can't try registering the selfserve

Welcome to public mobile

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Heyhurly wrote:

Try putting the sim in your phone to see if it'll work.

Watch your email in- box for "Welcome to Public Mobile". Save the info in that email...you might need pin numbers etc later on.

Welcome aboard.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Heyhurly hi if you are trying to sign up go to the live chat https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-started

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Heyhurly did you get to the payment? Could you see if your credit card was charged?  Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.