cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

DixieM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to set up a new account with my new SIM card xxxxx.  When I had to go back a few screens because I'd entered the wrong birth date, fix that, then proceed with my activation, I am now getting an "Invalid SIM" error message and cannot proceed.  I had already picked a new phone number 343-xxxx and the $50.00 plan but had not yet entered payment information.  How can I proceed with activating my phone and new public mobile account?  If you need to call, please call my alternate number 613-xxxx

Thanks,

Madelynn

edit  by mimmo

11 REPLIES 11

DixieM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it worked after an hour.  

Thanks

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DixieM wrote:

I am trying to set up a new account with my new SIM card xxxxx.  When I had to go back a few screens because I'd entered the wrong birth date, fix that, then proceed with my activation, I am now getting an "Invalid SIM" error message and cannot proceed.  I had already picked a new phone number 343-xxxx and the $50.00 plan but had not yet entered payment information.  How can I proceed with activating my phone and new public mobile account?  If you need to call, please call my alternate number 613-xxxx

Thanks,

Madelynn

edit  by mimmo

@DixieM  If you are still getting the Invalid SIM error after waiting for an hour and retrying your activation, then try the sim in your device. If it connects to Public's network then click here to register your selfserve account.

Access you selfserve account and make sure that the plan details are correct. If your plan is not showing then try to enter your payment info.

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!
To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

2Capture.PNG

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

If you're having trouble registering or updating your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

If the plan details are not showing then you need to submit a ticket to PM for help. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DixieM 

PM server does not handle going back a page very well.

Always restart your browser to start a fresh session. 

If you get a invalid SIM error, you need to wait an hour for PM server to release your SIM card  from your previous activation session.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@DixieM Happy to see you here with us! As 1 hour is already passed, did you try again? Did it work? All is good now? Let us know if you need further assistance. Hope you will enjoy PM service and its savings!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@DixieM 

You will need to wait an hour or so for it to correct. Then retry, your entry may have been messed up because of using the back button function. No one will call because it is all online. 

Wait the hour or so. If it doesn't work come back and let us know and we can send  you in the right direction from there. 

@DixieM welcome to pm. Do as @Dunkman suggested but wait an hour from last attempt the sim is locked. Stay safe. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DixieM  your sim card is valid.  it however is mid activation  process.  it takes about an hour for the system to release the sim so that you can start the process again.

if you need a referal to get a $10 credit ask someone in who has helped you in this thread.  please ignore all unsolicited requests and feel free to report them as it is against community guidelines to offer unsolicited referals.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.26.59 AM.png

 Mads,

edit out your personal info this is an open forum. Click the top three dots and choose edit post.  @Luddite @ShawnC13 @will13am @mimmo @NDesai any of you on to edit this post?

edit: Mimmo to the rescue....lol

zakhan78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please dont post your personal information on this page.

You can try again by clearing the browser cache.  Also you can visit wall mart as they have public mobile booth and they can help you as well.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, I also experienced this. I was able to get it done once I waited an hour and reattempted in incognito mode. Also just a FYI that you may want to delete your private info as this is a public forum.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@DixieM 

The website is finicky when you backtrack on the activation page.  It looks like you were not charged.  Try a different website, clear cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well.  Also, give some time in between attempts.  Hopefully, the number that you choose is still available.  

Also, please remove personal information from public forum. 

Need Help? Let's chat.