cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Smis91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased two PM SIM cards and registered the first one successfully after a few error pages and was able to port my number. 

when I tried to register the activate the second SIM card I got all the way to the activation page and got an error message saying I need to start over (this happened with the first SIM card as well but I was able to go back, do it again, and it worked). 

I waited a bit and tried to activate again but couldn't get past the first page as it said Invalid SIM. I waiting 4 hours, closed all browsers, and tried on another computer, still received invalid SIM message on page 1. 

I have no waited three days and just tried again, and again received invalid SIM on page one. I tried to login with the emailed and password that I used for the SIM card and it doesn't exist as a user (so it's not that it was activated). 

Not sure what exactly I am supposed to do as we are now paying additional $$ for the one other phone to be on an old plan that has ended. 

PLEASE HELP 

24 REPLIES 24

@Smis91 wrote:

Now I just need to figure out why the phone won't allow calls etc. I've tried turning off and on etc. We were porting the number and it was successful and its been a few hours and still no ability to call or text....thinking it may just take more time! 

If calls do not work by tomorrow, you might want to reach out to the moderator team since the activation was partially complete. 

Smis91

Thank you! I just created the account. 

I didn't think to do this since I thought the SIM wasn't registered and wouldn't work....and because when I activated the first SIM it appeared to create my account when the activation was successful....I didn't have to do all of this LOL. 

Thanks again! 

Now I just need to figure out why the phone won't allow calls etc. I've tried turning off and on etc. We were porting the number and it was successful and its been a few hours and still no ability to call or text....thinking it may just take more time! 

@pedro99 that's great welcome to pm

pedro99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my two SIMs and accounts all set up! Thanks all.

@Smis91 You can try creating an account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@pedro99   As mentioned earlier in this thread you can try another browser or incognito mode too.

@pedro99 wrote:

I am having the same issue and losing faith already! How do I get a mod... I cannot get my account or my wifes account set up!

Contact Moderator_Team by clicking on the envelope icon top right of your post or click here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To hear back from them could take anywhere from 2-48 hours. 

While you are waiting to hear back from the moderators, maybe you can provide further details about your problem and someone in the community might be able to offer suggestions.

@pedro99  hi are you saying you cannot sign up or you cannot create an account

pedro99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue and losing faith already! How do I get a mod... I cannot get my account or my wifes account set up!

@Smis91 this happens all the time lol people get kicked out figure they haven"t finished but they did its a wonderful system lol

@Smis91  ok you have to create an account now two separate ones

Smis91

Also just found the second charge on the credit card...but again can’t login to an account to be able to port old number etc. 

Any ideas? 

ok well do as the others have said contact moderators in the meantime you can still use old sim for service since you still paying for it good luck

Smis91

Okay so just put in the SIM and it works.....but I was never charged for it and am not sure how to find the "account" 

Smis91

Thank you, will do! 

Smis91

LOL no I havent tried it...but I guess I could 

Smis91

No, I was not charged for the second activation. 

@Smis91 did you try the second sim to see if it works?

Smis91

The very first time I tried to activate I was all the way through - entered my credit card details - hit activate...then the page either timed out etc. becuase I just received an error message saying to go back to the login page basically which just takes you back to the beginning of the activation page.....it also didn't charge my credit card (I checked). 

This happended with the first SIM card I activated however I was more easily able to go back through and get it registered (and it's now working in my phone). 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Smis91 Check if you were charged for the second sim activation. Sometimes the activation goes through even though you get an error. Try using incognito mode and see it works. If not, you might want to contact the mod team so they can see the status of that sim. 

@Smis91 so you didn't get to the end where you pay for plan?

Smis91

Yes - two SIMs registered to two different people with different email addresses 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Smis91 are you using separate emails for each account?

Need Help? Let's chat.