cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

wrzach
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a brand new sim card from public, but I cannot get past the first page of account setup because of an invalid sim error, what do I do?

9 REPLIES 9

Tishie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check your number again and make sure everything is correct--especially number of 0s.

Also, message a moderator and mention when and where you bought it and give the number.

Moderators usually reply quickly.

Do you know how to message a mod?

@wrzach wrote:

I did wait 4 hours and no luck, wait again?

@wrzach  Maybe restart you computer. If no luck then you need to notify Public Mobile. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

wrzach

I did wait 4 hours and no luck, wait again?

@wrzach wrote:

I did try in a different browser already

@wrzach  You have to wait for the lock to reset.Smiley Happy

wrzach

I did try in a different browser already

@wrzach 

You can also try to clear cache, try a different web browser or incognito mode.  

@wrzach wrote:

It is brand new out of package, I had an error in activation and started again but it will not let me past the first page now

@wrzach  When that happens you have to wait for about an hour and try again because the system sets an internal lock so you must wait until it resets.

wrzach

It is brand new out of package, I had an error in activation and started again but it will not let me past the first page now

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wrzach wrote:

I have a brand new sim card from public, but I cannot get past the first page of account setup because of an invalid sim error, what do I do?

@wrzachMust be a new sim. If has previously been activated it will not work.

Need Help? Let's chat.