cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

buccboi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello community, 

When I was completing the activation, I went ahead to "Step 4: Review" your order, then went back to "Step 1: Let's get started" because I wanted to add a referral. Now it says my SIM is invalid. Can someone help?

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rgpineda28 wrote:

Good day to all!

Need some help. I pruchsed a simcard at walmart last friday and got a 25$ plan but when we're done on the activation and I'm trying to do a call to someone it does not work. How could I fix this pls my user is rgpineda28 , my number is xxxxxxx. Thanks Happy New Year

This forum can be access by anyone.  Please remove your phone number ASAP if you don't want spam calls.

You plan features may not provisioned correctly.  You can try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan feature again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rgpineda28 wrote:

Good day to all!

Need some help. I pruchsed a simcard at walmart last friday and got a 25$ plan but when we're done on the activation and I'm trying to do a call to someone it does not work. How could I fix this pls my user is rgpineda28 , my number is ***. Thanks Happy New Year

@rgpineda28HI welcome to public mobile, please start your own thread so we can help you there. Click here to start your own thread and get help!

You should try to keep your phone number private, this is a public forum.

popping

@buccboi wrote:

Hello community, 

When I was completing the activation, I went ahead to "Step 4: Review" your order, then went back to "Step 1: Let's get started" because I wanted to add a referral. Now it says my SIM is invalid. Can someone help?

Thanks,

Chris

When you go back previous page during activation process, you will get the invalid SIM error.  This is because the web interface is still remember that your SIM number was used before for that session.  If you do not get the invalid SIM error, you may get generic error message.

If you want to go back any page during activation, your should close your browser and restart the activation process from a fresh browser process.  

rgpineda28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day to all!

Need some help. I pruchsed a simcard at walmart last friday and got a 25$ plan but when we're done on the activation and I'm trying to do a call to someone it does not work. How could I fix this pls my user is rgpineda28 , my number is 5664179. Thanks Happy New Year

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@buccboi wrote:

Hello community, 

Thanks,

Chris

@buccboiThe current session is still open with the old sim number, go to your cookies and manually remove the ones ending in publicmobile.ca and that should clear up the session, otherwise wait a couple hours and try again.

mimmo

@buccboi  try a different browser, or wait a couple hours for the system's cache  to reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.