cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

InvalidSIm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I tried to activate my SIM yesterday and on the last step the page timed out (after I entered my Credit Card info)

Chat support told me to click the back button and try again. This gave me same the page timed out message.

Now I tried to activate again but I keep getting an 'Invalid SIM' error. I tried all different browsers provate mode but same error.

I am afraid I was charged twice yesterday. What do I do?? I still want to switch to Public Mobile.

I still want to switch to public m

17 REPLIES 17

@InvalidSIm  You need to have the Public Mobile sim card in your phone to receive the text.

Even though you ported your number from Bell you should still be able to make calls and send texts with your Public Mobile sim inserted in your phone provided it has been activated.

@InvalidSIm contact the moderators and ask them to help you set up/ gain access to your self service account. Also, ask them to look into the double payment.  And to whether your port is stuck. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

@InvalidSIm what does the pm simcard say when it's inserted in your device?

InvalidSIm

I tried the self serve link and enter my number (mind you that number is still with Bell because the page timed out yesterday) and it says I should get a text message but I never get a text message even though my number works.

I hope I do not have to cancel my credit because of this BS.

InvalidSIm

I was charged, but my account login does not work.

How come I was charged but my account login does not work??

Also when I put I forgot my password and enter my email address it says that that login cannot be found.

Now to top it off when I call the 1855 number listed on my pending credit card transaction field I get a notice saying that the next time I will be charged is on August 30th. Mind you, this is after I enter my cellphone number in the automated IVR (even though that cellphone number is still with Bell since the page timed out yesterday)

Also when I try to turn the autopay option off in the IVR it says invalid PIN.

I just want to get this resolved.

@InvalidSIm  If you insert the Public Mobile sim card in your phone does it connect to the network? Dial 611 is your account active? If yes, try making a call. Does it work? If you can just hit the register link at the selfserve login page and enter your number. Otherwise submit a ticket to PM so that they can reset your account.

@InvalidSIm  since you have been charged, your account was created. And twice, could mean that you created 2 accounts. Does your phone work when you insert your SIM into your phone?  You will not be charged again if you have to create your self service account.   Please do it now. I gave you a link to do it. Thanks.

InvalidSIm

Since I was already charged will they keep charging me every month since I don't have service?? Also my username does not work. Why was I charged but my username does not work. And now when I sign up again I will be charged again??

InvalidSIm

Hi,

I was charged but the number I tried to transfer from Bell is still with Bell. I put back my old SIM back into my phone.

How do I get a refund for what I was charged and for the $10 for the SIM card?

This is absolutely crazy and amateurish!

InvalidSIm

Yes, I was charged. I just checked. But the SIM does not work because my old SIM still works (Bell)

@InvalidSIm wrote:

Yes, my phone is unlocked. I put my old SIM card back in my phone now (Bell)

Do a lot of people have these types of issues with Public Mobile? Why is it not mentioned anywhere that users should immediately try to use Private/Incognito mode?

Now I am afraid I was charged twice.

Please someone help with this.

@InvalidSIm , if you have been charged already, you cannot attempt another activation with that SIM card.  You will need moderator team assistance to complete your initial activation.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

InvalidSIm

Yes, my phone is unlocked. I put my old SIM card back in my phone now (Bell)

Do a lot of people have these types of issues with Public Mobile? Why is it not mentioned anywhere that users should immediately try to use Private/Incognito mode?

Now I am afraid I was charged twice.

Please someone help with this.

Is your phone unlocked ?

@InvalidSIm check to see if your credit card was charged.  If it was insert your SIM into your phone and try to log into your self service account.  If it says that it doesn't exist.  Then create one 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ . Let us know what happens. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

InvalidSIm

Thanks, I tried all of this already.

I also waited for 12 hours. What do I do?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.  Try waiting an hour between attempts.

Need Help? Let's chat.