cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

johanah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I bought a SIM card from London drugs, went to sign up online, and keep getting "Invalid SIM" error. I have tried different browsers, and have tried on multiple occasions over the last 24 hours. 

I have signed up two other Public Mobile SIMs on previous occasions and never had this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Jo

3 REPLIES 3

@johanah 

To avoid error messages during activation follow these steps for a smooth process:

1. Clear your browser. Open one tab using secret/incognito mode.
  2. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.
  3. Do not use the apt/unit box add your suite# to the street address.
  4. Copy your credit cards billing address exactly (except above) and do not use a space in the postal code. ie X0X0X0  not X0X 0X0. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  5. The referral code is entered about halfway down the first activation page.
  6. Do not use the back button.

Good luck! If you have more questions just ask were here to help. Dont forget to write down the email used, password, pin#, security question and answer. Put in a safe place! Welcome to public mobile!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@johanah wait 50 minutes from last attempt, go to private/ incognito mode and try one more time to activate your SIM card.  If this fails, you may have gotten a sim already in use. Contact the moderators and explain your situation.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@johanah 

You will get that error message if you have your first attempt at activation session is still open. Wait 50 minutes and try again.

Edit: Unless you got it on your very first try then you might have a faulty or used sim.

Edit: @gblackma  I cant win for trying....lol! Oh well ill take the PB.

Need Help? Let's chat.