cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Shannon-Luong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Tried activating my new PM SIM card last night, but got a “404” error on my screen after entering my credit card info while trying to activate. I tried again today with Chrome incognito, cleared my cache, and made sure my information was correct. The same error appeared again. I rebooted my iPad and tried again after an hour, but now it’s saying my SIM card is invalid? Help! Was really hoping to join while their January promo is on! Thanks in advance 

24 REPLIES 24

@nicwhite wrote:

Now it says i need a code to unlock it. How do i get this code?

Which code is your phone asking for? What's the exact on-screen message? Is it asking for the SIM Network Unlock PIN?

nicwhite

Now it says i need a code to unlock it. How do i get this code?

@nicwhite if its asking for a sim unlock code, its locked to your previous provider.  Contact them and ask them for it. You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you.

If its an iPhone. sync it to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If this fails try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

nicwhite

I have registered my sim and it says that it is invalid and my phone will not open. Please help me to fix this problem  

rainboi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I kept getting "invalid sim card" errors, multiple times, when I first try to activate. The activation page may get confused by other errors in the form. So, I tried again by closing my browser, and started again, making sure I fill every data field carfully - and it worked. Note the processing takes a good few seconds as well. 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you try your virgin sim....does it accept calls?

@Shannon-Luong yes it is. To contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This connects to the autobot Simon .Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). 

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

Yes I ported my number from Virgin. Maybe it’s an issue with porting? And I added the “i” in front. Thanks so much 

Shannon-Luong

Yes I ported my number from Virgin. Maybe it’s an issue with porting? And I added the “i” in front. Thanks so much 

iPhoneUser

Also re-seat the SIM card and reboot the iPhone. 

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

Also, forgot to mention that incoming calls don’t work.. I did turn on my data and enabled mms and then restarted my phone, but it’s not working. 

@Shannon-Luong  On the newer iPhones no need to set APN as they get setup automatically. Try resetting your network settings and try it again. Also, go into your iMessage settings and make sure SMS and MMS are turned on. Did you port your number from another provider? If yes, then that is why you can't receive incoming calls because the port is stuck. Best to submit a ticket to PM for help.

iPhoneUser

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

32CFE963-8907-431E-A117-38600E47E1A5.png

so I can’t find out how to change those settings.. there’s nowhere in my iPhone that shows me what you sent. Except for the APN, username, password I have screenshot-ed. That’s all that shows up. I’ve looked under cellular and messages for a way to make sure the info you sent me is correct and I can’t find anything 

Tap the APN field and set as per below.  You need to start with an i   .

CEBC98E8-E45C-4487-8F4F-92062FE28E05.png

@Shannon-Luong did you port your number?

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

Also, forgot to mention that incoming calls don’t work.. I did turn on my data and enabled mms and then restarted my phone, but it’s not working. 

Shannon-Luong

Shannon-Luong

32CFE963-8907-431E-A117-38600E47E1A5.png

so I can’t find out how to change those settings.. there’s nowhere in my iPhone that shows me what you sent. Except for the APN, username, password I have screenshot-ed. That’s all that shows up. I’ve looked under cellular and messages for a way to make sure the info you sent me is correct and I can’t find anything 

@Shannon-Luong Enable your data , restart your phone and try sending a mms text ie one with pictures.

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

I did everything you recommended, and calls and data are working. Texts in and out, including picture, are not. Any troubleshooting ideas? 

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

I did everything you recommended, and calls and data are working. Texts in and out, including picture, are not. Any troubleshooting ideas? 

You need to ensure APN settings in your phone are correct and data must be turned on to send n receive MMS..there is no charge for MMS but data has to be turned on.. APN settings below

Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Shannon-Luong

Shannon-Luong

I just checked my credit card and it was charged and I put the SIM card in and it’s showing public mobile in the corner 😄 thank you for helping! 

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

Thank you! Just checked my bank account and it showed it charged, so it must have gone through. I also put the SIM card in and public mobile is showing up in the corner. Hurray! 

Excellent.  You now have to create your self serve account. Link below.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Also test everything out on your phone.

Calls in / out

Text in / out plus picture message.

Data

Let us know if you have any further issues.

Shannon-Luong

Thank you! Just checked my bank account and it showed it charged, so it must have gone through. I also put the SIM card in and public mobile is showing up in the corner. Hurray! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Shannon-Luong wrote:

Hi,

Tried activating my new PM SIM card last night, but got a “404” error on my screen after entering my credit card info while trying to activate. I tried again today with Chrome incognito, cleared my cache, and made sure my information was correct. The same error appeared again. I rebooted my iPad and tried again after an hour, but now it’s saying my SIM card is invalid? Help! Was really hoping to join while their January promo is on! Thanks in advance 

@Shannon-Luong  Try the SIM in your device. Does it connect to the PM network? If yes, try to access your selfserve account. If you can't access you account click here to register your selfserve account.

If you can't connect to the PM network with your sim then you need to submit a ticket to PM for help. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

murtaza404

You might need to get a new sim card, have the mod to help you with this and tell them the issue. They will help you out with this.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Check your credit card

Try using your sim

If not it may be locked into a session su to an hour

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First check if your credit card was charged. If it was the sim may have activated. Try it in your phone and see if anything works.

If no charge. The system puts a lock on sim for around 50 minutes..you will have to wait 1 hour and try activating again.

If problem still persist contact moderatorsSimon.JPG

Or private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.