cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

Kremit44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to sign my wife up for Public Mobile and have been told her email and SIM are invalid. I assume the email problem is because she was with Koodo based on research but i don't know what to do to get her signed up. I can't ask for help as her for a service ticket because i can't create an account. I'm frustrated because i'd like to qualify for the Black Froday offers and promotions and being screwed around like this makes me worried i won't make it. I would like to assume issues that are not my fault wouldn't screw me out of it but i'm not sure. I really don't know how to fix the issue, or how i would have even got help if i didn't alreadly have my own account. Please help, this is very frustrating, it was so easy for me coming from Freedom. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Kremit44  Did you take a screenshot of your invalid sim message and the time? If not persevere. I had an error message nix an activation and the lock out session did not clear til after the deadline passed. I activated the SIM later and messaged the moderators and they honoured the deal. I can't guarantee that they will but I would go ahead with it and hope for the best. FYI not sure which plan youre are looking at...but if it's the $35.....take the $40 instead...3.5gb data for only $5 more dollars

Don't forget to use your referral code for the bonus $20 credit..

Kremit44

I tried it close to 10 hoping for the 50 minute period to expire but no dice. Thanks anyways, that bit of info could have been helpful. I would have to hope they'd honor the deal, it's not my fault i had the audacity to use my wifes email address that all her bills go to, nothing indicated i shouldn't. It was really easy for me and after a day with it we decided she'd do it too, i clearly did everything reasonably possible to sign up for it.

The time I tried to sign up really isn't something that should be held against me. I can't help that as a Postie the Monday after Black Friday is a really long day for me. I couldn't have done it sooner in the day nor should it matter since the deal is just as valid at 8:30pm Dec.2nd as it is on the 28th. Hopefully refrencing this post will see Public Mobile do the right thing but i have to say if the email thing was the problem (perhaps its a clerical/retail error?) then that's a pretty poor mistake marring the process. 

@Kremit44 

It being so late at night and so close to the deadline, know that the invalid sim card message takes 50 minutes to reset.  Your only chance really is to fine a third party seller online who might still be around and can give you the sim card details to activate now before the deadline that's in 29 minutes.  Check ebay/kijiji/craigslist.

Kremit44

How was i to know i couldn't use her primary email? I can't get another SIM, the only store by me that deals them is closed. I couldn't have done it sooner and it's not my fault it didn't work, so going back in time isn't a solution.

So is my SIM no longer valid? You're saying i have to waste my money and buy another one? Sorry but i don't completely understand what you are saying about the SIM and it certainly doesn't solve my issue.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Kremit44Easiest is to use a different email. Also wait for another hour so the SIM will be unlocked from the server, but unfortunately it will be past Dec 2 EST (which is the deadline). You are cutting things really close.

I would suggest if you can AND if you really want the deal go to the nearest Walmart / Superstore and get another SIM card and activate there.

Need Help? Let's chat.