Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

bregsm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

hope you're all well.

I registered my SIM last night, followed by multiple restarts but am still seeing a 'Invalid SIM' message. I then contacted @CS_Agent via PM shortly afterwards with my details but have yet to hear back.

I tried restarting today as well but no dice.

Is there anything else I can do to get setup and/or do I need to do something else to troubleshoot?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Awesome now just choose the member that solved your issue. Welcome to public mobile.

This way the next person (as you say) will see the solution if they ask their question in the search bar. Also cancel your moderator ticket/msg so they can move on to the next person in line.

Why are you quoting yourself? Also, if you read the thread then you would notice that no one suggested re/re-ing the SIM. So in effect he solved it himself but then that's tricky due to self-solutions being frowned on and suspect.

@Anonymous  1. I should have used edit rather than quote to add to my post. 2@kunhee19 put in the link that suggested removing the SIM to see if it was loose. That would be the solution in this case regardless if it was loose or not.

Fair enough. I went to the link. Carry on. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Awesome now just choose the member that solved your issue. Welcome to public mobile.

This way the next person (as you say) will see the solution if they ask their question in the search bar. Also cancel your moderator ticket/msg so they can move on to the next person in line.

Why are you quoting yourself? Also, if you read the thread then you would notice that no one suggested re/re-ing the SIM. So in effect he solved it himself but then that's tricky due to self-solutions being frowned on and suspect.

@Anonymous  1. I should have used edit rather than quote to add to my post. 2@kunhee19 put in the link that suggested removing the SIM to see if it was loose. That would be the solution in this case regardless if it was loose or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

bregsm

I've resolved it and am posting here in the even that it helps someone else in the future.

All the guides / info say to restart. What actually worked for me in the end was to physically remove the SIM and insert it in again. That started the set up process and I was able to connect quickly after that.

Thanks everyone for your time and help

kunhee19

HEY~

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is since I am not able to see the phone myself but I remember my friend had the same issue and he told me he used this link! Maybe it could help you out!!!

https://vkrepair.com/what-does-invalid-sim-mean/

bregsm

Hi and thanks for the help.

I did get it unlocked, thank you. But I did not get a code. Nor am I seeing any kind of setup process once I reboot my phone.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@bregsmSwap your SIM card to another phone just to make sure it is not a hardware issue.

Do note it often takes moderators up to 48 hours to get back to you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you have service with a previous provider ?  If you did then you would need them to unlock your phone.

You’ll have to contact the previous carrier of the phone, (who it is locked to), who will unlock it for you for free, per the CRTC Consumer Code (given that it is a Canadian carrier). If you are unable to determine this, you may be able to use an unlocking service online for a small fee. Some “phone repair” stores will also unlock phones for ~$10 or so. 

Once you do this, you’ll be provided with a code, which can be entered when it prompts you to after inserting the PM SIM card and restarting the phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.