cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM when trying to activate

lmhwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I messaged the Moderator Team via private message, but haven't got a reply yet. Maybe I need to start a forum message before they'll look at the PM?

So, I'm trying to help someone activate a new line before the plans are no longer offered. I went to a Koodo (World Comm) kiosk to buy a Public Mobile SIM. I went home to go to the activation site, put in the information including the SIM number. The website keeps telling me that the SIM is invalid.

@CS_AgentCan you please help? I sent a PM with a picture of the SIM itself.

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's two likely causes.  The activation could have proceeded to a point of no return.  A second attempt to activate with the same SIM card will yield this issue.  Alternately, the SIM card has been locked to the previous session and won't be released for retry for one hour.  The former will require moderator team support.  The latter situation requires a bit of patience for a second try.  Usually the first condition involves a payment being taken.  In any event, tagging the moderator team in the public forum will not speed things up.  In fact the distraction will slow them down.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@lmhwong wrote:

Hello,

I messaged the Moderator Team via private message, but haven't got a reply yet. Maybe I need to start a forum message before they'll look at the PM?

So, I'm trying to help someone activate a new line before the plans are no longer offered. I went to a Koodo (World Comm) kiosk to buy a Public Mobile SIM. I went home to go to the activation site, put in the information including the SIM number. The website keeps telling me that the SIM is invalid.

@CS_AgentCan you please help? I sent a PM with a picture of the SIM itself.

Make sure you put the sim number exactly, if it is not the case, close browser, clear caches and cookies, then try again. If still telling you that the sim is invalid, the sim probably damaged, you need go back to Koodo to exchange.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lmhwong at what point is it stating you have an invalid sim?

At the very beginning when you enter the sim #.  If so there might be an issue with the sim card itself. Return to your retail store, tell them it's invalid they could exchange it. 

Mid-way? It might be the case @popping mentioned. You shouldn't click back when you activate your sim. You would need to close your browser, delete your stored cookies and cache, wait 50 min, and redo it. Use chrome incognito mode.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lmhwong 

-  Close your browser and try again.

-  If you need to go back a page during the activation process, close the browser and try again because PM website does not handle back page correctly.

Need Help? Let's chat.