cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM when trying to activate

miplesca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the SIM card about a week ago at a mall kiosk but did not have time to register it. I tried today and I keep getting "Invalid SIM" message.

8 REPLIES 8

@miplesca wrote:

Thank you everyone for all the answers! Someone said to bypass the web and just stick the SIM in my phone, did that and it worked! It's possible the person at the WOW kiosk did the activation for me, although she insisted I need to do so once I get home?! All's well for now (one month after the initial purchase...). Thanks.

If you never got past invalid sim, the person at WOW must have activated for you. If you gave name and address, activation was done at store.  She probably meant self-serve account had to be created still.

miplesca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for all the answers! Someone said to bypass the web and just stick the SIM in my phone, did that and it worked! It's possible the person at the WOW kiosk did the activation for me, although she insisted I need to do so once I get home?! All's well for now (one month after the initial purchase...). Thanks.

Gord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same issue. Tried all the suggestions about browsers.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Invalid-sim/td-p/346745
I went back to Walmart and was able to get a replacement sim. When the salesperson tried my original sim in the system it also came up invalid on her terminal.

She provided a new one and checked it to make sure it was valid.
The new sim worked when I checked it online at home.

Probably good idea when buying sims to have them checked before leaving the store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@troyfy wrote:

Is it the time of day, browser or just random when the website will allow activation?

I use FF with several add-ons that at least *try* to not be tracked without too much hassle to do so. I often go to a page and it doesn't work properly. I open Edge and go to the page and it works fine for what I need to do at that moment. Bit of a hassle but I don't have to change up FF too much then.

Then back to FF for regularly scheduled programming.

I think problems happen with browsers with all those add-ons and blockers and filters and whatnot. Just do these sorts of tasks with an open browser and then carry on as normal.

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it the time of day, browser or just random when the website will allow activation?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@troyfy wrote:

I had the same issue of it saying invalid sim. I went back to the store where he said it should be activated already and to try again. Mysteriously it worked after that. so I'm not sure if he did something or it just wasn't working the night before...

I dont think the person at the shop did anything.  Most likely just a quirky activation portal threw up an error

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same issue of it saying invalid sim. I went back to the store where he said it should be activated already and to try again. Mysteriously it worked after that. so I'm not sure if he did something or it just wasn't working the night before...

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sometimes the website can be finnicky. Try using Incognito/Private browsing mode on your internet browser.

If that fails you will likely have to contact a Moderator for help, here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderators can be busy though, so you might have to wait up to a day for them to respond back.

Need Help? Let's chat.