cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM + unverified email

info_ptc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered a new SIM, new account, gave payment info, porting info and all that.  The screen said wait and I went onto other work.  When coming back, there was an error message. 

Went to login then and check the status of my account and the login and password didn't function.  Tried to reset password and gives me an error 'we're unable to verify your email address'.  (PM at no time sent an email to my email address as part of the initial registration process.)

Ok I thought, I'll just re-register the SIM because obviously something's gone wrong with that email address.  I tried re-registering it with a different email address and says 'invalid SIM'.  I tried different browsers, different computers, per the various ideas in the forums to no avail.

What do I do now?  I have an invalid SIM and an account supposedly that I can't login to.  (I WAS able to use that email address to create an account here on the forums which puzzles me - obviously PM hasn't blacklisted the email address or anything like that.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

9 REPLIES 9

@info_ptc  Just keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. Expect a message in the morning.

info_ptc

Waiting didn't seem to do the trick, so I finally got a ticket created.  Most of the form options assumed you either had a PM phone number OR a working account - I have neither so had to do a lot of looking to find a way to submit a ticket that didn't require either of those items.  We'll see what happens!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Your sim is locked with the old session, once it express you can try again

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@info_ptc 

Before trying to activate a plan again, chect your cc online for any pending charge to your cc by PM. 

If there is a pending cc charge, put your PM SIM card in your phone, is "Public Mobile" showing at the top notificatiion bar. if yes, can you call out?  If you can call out, your SIM card was activated.  If you cannot call out, wait one hour and activate a new PM plan with your SIM card.

If there is a no pending cc charge, wait one hour and activate a new PM plan with your SIM card.

info_ptc

Thanks - I'll give it a try!

System may have blocked the sim for multiple unsuccessful attempts. System usually blocks for 50 minutes. If you haven't been charged...

wait 1hour

Clear history / cache

Open a fresh browser IN incognito mode and attempt it again.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@info_ptc wrote:

I registered a new SIM, new account, gave payment info, porting info and all that.  The screen said wait and I went onto other work.  When coming back, there was an error message. 

Went to login then and check the status of my account and the login and password didn't function.  Tried to reset password and gives me an error 'we're unable to verify your email address'.  (PM at no time sent an email to my email address as part of the initial registration process.)

Ok I thought, I'll just re-register the SIM because obviously something's gone wrong with that email address.  I tried re-registering it with a different email address and says 'invalid SIM'.  I tried different browsers, different computers, per the various ideas in the forums to no avail.

What do I do now?  I have an invalid SIM and an account supposedly that I can't login to.  (I WAS able to use that email address to create an account here on the forums which puzzles me - obviously PM hasn't blacklisted the email address or anything like that.

@info_ptc Put out the sim and leave it for an hour, and then try again. If didn't help, click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@info_ptc- First off, check your credit card to see if there was a charge.  If there was, your account was set up - for the most part.  The system might have errored out while creating the self serve account portion.  If that's the case, you can set it up manually using the following link:   https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged, wait an hour and try again.  the system should reset.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . 

@info_ptc wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.