cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM during activation

adambanks4lyf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I went to activate my new Public Mobile SIM card just now and it was working in the beginning. I gave in my details. I chose a phone number. Then I decided to hit the 'Previous' button at the bottom of the page to go back and enter in a Referral Code.

I entered in a Referral Code and got the green checkmark.

However, when I then scrolled down and hit the 'Next' button, I was told I now had an Invalid SIM...?!?!

Can someone please help me!

Thx

4 REPLIES 4

@adambanks4lyf wrote:

I didn't get to the billing info part yet. I think, as another user mentioned, it might be a cache / time limit problem. I will try again in an hour and let you guys know if it is solved! 🙂

It is absolutely a timed thing. This will every time some starts an activation goes to the next page and then tries to go back. It's a strange thing in the programming of the activation website. The sim card number will be locked out for exactly 50 minutes.  Some of the time, an error messages about an open browser session will be displayed and this specific message mentions that amount of itme.

adambanks4lyf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't get to the billing info part yet. I think, as another user mentioned, it might be a cache / time limit problem. I will try again in an hour and let you guys know if it is solved! 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@adambanks4lyf . Was your credit card charged? What happens when you insert your sim into tour phone? Can you log into your self service account. Thanks.

@adambanks4lyf wrote:

Hello everyone,

I went to activate my new Public Mobile SIM card just now and it was working in the beginning. I gave in my details. I chose a phone number. Then I decided to hit the 'Previous' button at the bottom of the page to go back and enter in a Referral Code.

However, when I then scrolled down and hit the 'Next' button, I was told I now had an Invalid SIM...?!?!

Thx

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@adambanks4lyf wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thx

Hey @adambanks4lyf 

Simcards get locked for about an hour if page errors out or you cancel/back out of it after inputting the Simcard number.

The best thing is to wait and clear your cache/Try different browser / different computer after an hour

Using incognito mode is also a better option as things run smoother in that mode.

hope you get it activated soon

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.