cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Invalid SIM card

I am trying to set up my account online and I keep getting an invalid SIM card message. Do I need to go back to the store to fix this? I have already tried several times, logged out, refreshed, etc. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

Re: Invalid SIM card

@Rowabelle  you can wait a bit and try to use chrome browser with incognito mode on, if that doesn't work the Sim card might be no good.  Did you get Sim invalid the very first time you tried activating it? 

Oracle

@Rowabelle, check your payment card.  If a payment has been posted, there is a chance that the activation has progressed far enough to render the SIM card invalid for subsequent activation attempts.  Also the SIM card can be session locked for about an hour when there is failure. 

I tried that as well, it didn't work. Yes I got that message right away.

Oracle

@Rowabelle wrote:

I tried that as well, it didn't work. Yes I got that message right away.

Did the SIM card look like the package was ever opened before?  The only way a SIM card could be invalid is that is has been used previously. 

Thanks, I called the store, and they said that it is likely because my phone is locked. I am trying to get it unlocked now.

Thanks, I called the store, and they said that it is likely because my phone is locked. I am trying to get it unlocked now. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RowabelleSwap your SIM card into another working phone. If the SIM card doesn't work you know where the problem lies.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sometimes the multi SIMs can be a bit tricky ... try being it into the store where you bough the SIM and having them do it, these guys usually know what they are doing

Mayor / Maire

@Rowabelle wrote:

@Rowabelle  That doesn't make sense. If you are trying to activate your PM sim card online and you are getting an Invalid SIM card error as soon as you enter your SIM card number on your first attempt then it means that the SIM card that you were sold has been previously activated. It has nothing to do with your phone being locked.