cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM card Network locked sim card

Nicolette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just received my new sim card inserted and activated it and created account but I can't access my settings as it says SIM network PIN blocked  Enter SIM network PUK.  What is the PUK?

6 REPLIES 6

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PUK is a personal unlock key. Your device is probably locked to a carrier, so contact that carrier and they will unlock it for you for free (they have to).

@Triguy 

Entering the an incorrect SIM Network Unlock PIN results in a phone then asking for the SIM Network Unlock PUK.  Moderators don't have that. They are both related to carrier locks.

The SIM card's security PIN and PUK aren't related to the above. This part of @Luddite  's message doesn't apply to this situation.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a detailed explanation by one of the Oracle's Luddite. "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.   "SIM network unlock PIN"  is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.   “PIN unlock key (PUK)”  is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.  The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.  If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it. Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN. Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nicolette 

If it's a Samsung then they can unlock it for you too. They have a nice online chat method.

Edit: dang

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Nicolette your phone is locked to your previous provider.  Contact your previous provider and ask them to unlock it for you.  You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it.  If its a Samsung phone contact Samsung online and ask them to unlock it for you.  Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You will have to unlock your phone most likely

It's best to contact your previous provider, though manufacturer should do the same.

Did you get the phone in Canada?

On the side puk stands for personal unlock key

Need Help? Let's chat.