cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Invalid SIM' after failed activation attempt

DanD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there,

I tried to activate my PM Sim today with voucher as a payment option as I don' have a canadian issued credit card. During payment checkout, the website froze and finally terminated with an undefined error. When I now try to go through the activation process again, I always get an 'invalid SIM' error at the first page of the activation portal.

I tried with different browsers, also in inkognito mode. When I try to use the SIM inside my mobile it shows me 4G network is available, but I cannot get a connection. Also I cannot logon to the portal with my email address. So the activation process serms to have been suck somewhere in the middle.

I am looking forward for your suggestions, how to get my PM card running 🙂

Regards, Dan

4 REPLIES 4

DanD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies. I'll contact the moderator team.

Cheers, Dan

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same problem the first time I tried activating a sim with PM. I used a credit card. It went through but it didn't look like it did. It seemed like stuck at the last step forever and never got confirmation. So everytime I tried redoing the activation, it would say invalid sim. 

I just contacted the moderator and it was resolved.

It took a moderator 2 days to respond to my message though. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanD wrote:

Hey there,

I tried to activate my PM Sim today with voucher as a payment option as I don' have a canadian issued credit card. During payment checkout, the website froze and finally terminated with an undefined error. When I now try to go through the activation process again, I always get an 'invalid SIM' error at the first page of the activation portal.

I tried with different browsers, also in inkognito mode. When I try to use the SIM inside my mobile it shows me 4G network is available, but I cannot get a connection. Also I cannot logon to the portal with my email address. So the activation process serms to have been suck somewhere in the middle.

Regards, Dan

You might also be able to wait about an hour from your last attempt and it might let you enter the SIM. I would wonder about the voucher now though. It could have been spent. Then as above....moderator.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DanD wrote:

Hey there,

Regards, Dan

@DanD Best to contact PM directly. Provide them with your sim#, email and the voucher PIN and explain what happend. They should be able to determine what happend and fix the problem.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.