cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM after Unsuccessful Purchace

fatty11545
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate my SIM and went through no problems to activate it, until my internet crashed when I pressed confirm on my payment info. After that, it kept saying Error 404 until I backed up to the first page, where it then said "Invalid SIM" after I put in the same exact info. I have tried clearing cache and using incognito in my chrome browser on my phone, and it changed nothing. I also tried the Sim card in my phone, and calls and texts seem to work, but data doesn't. I have contacted the Moderator Team with my problem, but they haven't answered for the past two days. I need help on this, is there a quicker way to fix my problem?

8 REPLIES 8

@Zhuoyu wrote:

Make sure the APN settings are correct. It happened to me.

APN settings are only for data and mms.

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Make sure the APN settings are correct. It happened to me.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you could always try the create account link, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ .

If that does not work you will need to contact the mods to fix the issue so you can create an account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fatty11545 wrote:

I changed my APN settings and now my data works, I tried the reset password button during login and it says that they were unable to verify email address.

Excellent. Well aren't you handy.  You've been around phones apparently and know how to find stuff 🙂

So...you have a working phone with Public Mobile but you can't self-serve it. I guess you'll have to wait for them to get back to you. Hopefully you provided all the info to minimize identity verification delays.

fatty11545

I changed my APN settings and now my data works, I tried the reset password button during login and it says that they were unable to verify email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fatty11545 wrote:

No, I tried logging into the self serve account that should have been made while registering a SIM, but its safe to assume that the account hasn't been made because it keeps saying wrong password/username.

The username would be the email address you tried to sign up with. The password reset function has been on and off the last while but you could try it.

By the way I edited my last post.

fatty11545

No, I tried logging into the self serve account that should have been made while registering a SIM, but its safe to assume that the account hasn't been made because it keeps saying wrong password/username.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fatty11545 wrote:

I tried to activate my SIM and went through no problems to activate it, until my internet crashed when I pressed confirm on my payment info. After that, it kept saying Error 404 until I backed up to the first page, where it then said "Invalid SIM" after I put in the same exact info. I have tried clearing cache and using incognito in my chrome browser on my phone, and it changed nothing. I also tried the Sim card in my phone, and calls and texts seem to work, but data doesn't. I have contacted the Moderator Team with my problem, but they haven't answered for the past two days. I need help on this, is there a quicker way to fix my problem?

Were you able to create the self-serve account?

If so then what does it show for what needs to be completed?

Maybe you can get in there and add the SIM and select a plan and pay for it there. But I'm not sure.

Edit: Come to think of it...if you can call and text then you're there. Check your credit card for the transaction.

For data, you'll want to make sure the APN settings are correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.