cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Number

GuoChengC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm a new customer, trying to activate my account at activate.publicmobile.ca. However when I try to activate, I am continuously met with an "Invalid SIM" error. I have triple checked and typed in the SIM both on the SIM card back and the little card it came attached in several times.

Does anyone have any assistance they can offer?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

KatGurl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There are a few basic things you can try. Make sure it’s on a computer and if you can use another browser try that. If it is still not working try clearing cache and cookies, shut down and re open browser and try again. Good luck 

@GuoChengC wrote:

Hi,

I'm a new customer, trying to activate my account at activate.publicmobile.ca. However when I try to activate, I am continuously met with an "Invalid SIM" error. I have triple checked and typed in the SIM both on the SIM card back and the little card it came attached in several times.

Thanks!

zero_gravity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Silly thought since it has not been explicitly stated if the SIM card is new ... If it's a used one it won't work. They can only be registered once.

Guessing this is not the issue, but just in case there it is.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@GuoChengC wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

@GuoChengC First try the sim card in your phone to see if it has been activated. In the past customers have reported their sim cards as being activated even though the activation fid not complete.

If your card is activated and you were not able to setup your selfserve account click here to register your selfserve account.

If the card is not activated keep trying as others have mentioned.

Good luck.

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi 

When you start registering, Public Mobile blocks your sim number for 50 minutes. If you go back, the page crashes. So, you might have to wait for over 50 minutes, clear cache or use a different browser. I am pretty optimistic that it should work 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GuoChengC wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

PM website does not handle going back a page.  When you have to go back a page, restart you browser and start over again.  You can also use different brower or in private mode.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This happens sometimes wait an hour and clear browser cache. It usually occurs when an activation process is Ingerupted. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GuoChengC , the activation portal can be finicky sometimes.  Try using incognito mode. 

Need Help? Let's chat.