cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Error

ceogan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PM moderators,

I just tried to activate my SIM card, but my internet crashed during the payment section of the activation. After trying to go through the process again, the initial page gives me an "Invalid SIM" error.

Please advise on next steps to fix this. Thank you in advance for the help.

Stephen

16 REPLIES 16

blingamo

Thank you, I have sent you a PM.

Just want to further fill the Community in what is now going on with my activation.

I have been partially transferred to the Public Mobile system. I  can do everything with my phone through Public Mobile except receive calls (i.e., I can make outgoing calls).

The incoming calls still go to my old Rogers Plan (I put the old Sim in another phone) although my number was ported to the new plan.

So I am using 2 phones. One for outgoing calls via P.M. and one for incoming calls via Rogers. Both use the same number

Rogers also has not deactivated my plan so I am now paying for 2 Cel Phone plans.

I am waiting patiently for the fix; it's been a week so far.

tldr: I can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming.

blingamo

Thank you, I have sent you a PM.

Just want to further fill the Community in what is now going on with my activation.

I have been partially transferred to the Public Mobile system. I  can do everyhing with my phone through Public Mobile except receive calls (i.e., I can make outgoing calls).

The incoming calls still go to my old Rogers Plan (I put the old Sim in another phone) although my number was ported to the new plan.

So I am using 2 phones. One for outgoing calls via P.M. and one for incoming calls via Rogers. Both use the same number

Rogers also has not deactivated my plan so I am now paying for 2 Cel Phone plans.

I am waiting patiently for the fix; it's been a week so far.

tldr: I can make outgoing calls but not receive incoming.

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey! Can you please send one of the mods a private message with your name, email that you used in activation, and SIM #? We will get back to you and take care of you. Please note that we're a few days behind in getting back to customers given the overwhelming interest in our promo plan and a high number of system defects. We really appreciate your patience. Thank you for working with us!

blingamo

My first attempt to sign up for 120 day plan got me to the credit card page. After entering the CC information got an error message that it had failed.

On my second,third and fourh attempt got an invalid Sim Card message after filling out the first page.

Got an email from PM cofirming paymnent  PIN and opening of account.

when inserting the PM Sim I do get the  PM Network ( LTE) connection but cannot dial in or out and get get the message that my plan does not include "talk". I am confused.

Philipose

Hi, @Saray_O I sent out a message about 12 hours ago. Obviously it was outside your operating hours but I was hoping to fix porting issue. I'm not sure whats failing but there's a bunch of stuff that I am getting messed up with. If it is possible can you get back to me today? if so thanks

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ceogan!

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 I just sent you a private message! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ceogan wrote:

Do the moderators work during the weekend? I'm getting a little anxious as I don't want to miss out on the deal.

They do work on the weekends, just shorter hours.

ceogan

Do the moderators work during the weekend? I'm getting a little anxious as I don't want to miss out on the deal.

Some phones say "invalid sim" while I've also seen some say "invalid IMSI" when a sim card has been insterted that was never activated or if you try to make a call using a sim card that has already been cancelled.  I don't believe your sim card has been activated and properly attached to your account.

Just to one; try @Shazia_K

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ceogan

Thanks everyone. Should I send a private message to every moderator or will a moderator be assigned to my case?

That's a partial activation: SIM registered but account not fully created. Follow the directions in this post: Contact moderators

Their backlog is enormous; likely several days before a response. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PinaColada

Hello,

I have also experience the same issue while activating another sim card. Once i got to the payment option and put in the correct credit card information it returned an error saying failed. Tried to do the whole process over again and now my sim card number is invalid.

Have emailed the support team regarding the issue. Any help to resolve this issue would be amazing.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Looks like a mod will have to look into it for you.  I'll tag a mod now.  They will probably need the SIM card number to look into what happened.  @Shazia_K 

ceogan

The SIM doesn't work when I put it in my phone. My account registration didn't go through either as I wasn't able to log in with the credentials I initally provided. The payment page crashed when the portal was verifying my payment. I tried to restart the process after that and that's when I kept getting the "Invalid SIM" error.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Does the SIM work when you put it in your phone?  Did it crash before you were able to enter the payment info or after you already submitted it?

Need Help? Let's chat.