cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Card #

stallaep
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was just trying to activate my new SIM card and create and account (trying to transfer my phone over).  The first time through, it seemed to ask me all the information including giving permission to transfer my phone number) butthen it complained that something was wrong with the credit card information I supplied and it took me back to the beginning.  Now it tells me that the SIM card number is invalid (I tripple checked the number I supplied and it's correct).  It's almost as if the activation was partially successful, but my account was not created.

I tried logging in with my email address as my account name, and I even tried saying I forgot my password (which I had not) and the system came back saying that the email address is not valid.

I'm trying to take advantage of the Fall promo that ends today.

Pat.

7 REPLIES 7

jesssip
You can aways count on the PM staff to be polite in their responses!

stallaep
Yes, by email, over several days. There was usually a day or two delay in hearing back but the staff was very helpful and always polite.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Were you communicating with staff via email? Just wondering how you got support.

stallaep
Thanks. Everything is working great! Other than the initial glitch I experienced while trying to activate my SIM card online, the rest of my experience with Public Mobile has been very good. Support staff have been very helpful fixing things behind the scenes, but they always eventually answered my questions fully.

Wish I'd known about Public Mobile long ago... I'm telling all my friends. Good value and I love the flexibility to choose what I want. Telus network works great where I need it too, up at my cottage...

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @stallaep

I'm sorry for the delay in our response!

I see that your account is active and your port seems to be complete now. Can you confirm that your service is active?

Thank you! 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stallaep 

Check if your credit card has been charged.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Try the sim in your phone
Need Help? Let's chat.