cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM CARD ?!?!?

adara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good evening,

I'm trying to activate my new account with my new sim card.

First time I tried:  I filled out all 6 steps and then something went wrong and it seems like my account wasnt activated.

Then on my 2nd attempt it says that my SIM CARD number is invalid.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?

Am I able to speak to an actual human?

thanks

Adara

9 REPLIES 9

@adara wrote:

What is incognito mode?

I am on a different laptop right now and it still says the same thing.

The credit card was charged yet I cannot activate my account this is frustrating

Incognito mode is a feature of some web browsers that temporarily disables cookies, cache, and website tracking without needing to change any settings.

adara

What is incognito mode?

I am on a different laptop right now and it still says the same thing.

The credit card was charged yet I cannot activate my account this is frustrating

Callan89

Hey! 

If you still have trouble with it you might be able to take it into the local London Drugs for help! Those tech people helped me set up my PM sim and were quite knowledgeable about it!

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My very first activation something went haywire so I just went and mowed the lawn and had a shower and then tried again. Second attempt worked perfectly ...... On the second attempt I did not use the autofill I instead just used the tab button after manually filling in each field. Not sure if there is a connection there or not but have done four activations that way issue free.

@adara Best to clear your cache and go into incognito mode to eliminate issues caused by the first attempt before you retry. It's no big deal really, your sim is likely fine and will work in the hour others have recommended waiting.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@adara wrote:

Good evening,

First time I tried:  I filled out all 6 steps and then something went wrong and it seems like my account wasnt activated.

thanks

Adara

Check your credit card online to determine whether you have a pending charger?

If yes, put your new SIM card in your phone. 

Is your phone connected to Public Mobile?

Did you received PM text messages with your PIN#?

If yes for both these 2 questions, your PM SIM card was activated.

If you do not have pending charge on your credit card, wait one hour and do the activation process again.

Jonaldc

Hello Adara,

You may have a "bad SIM card" and buying a new one may work. This happened to me as well when I tried to activate my account, but with a new SIM card it worked perfectly fine.

Hope this helps!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@adara if it did not charge your credit card and the Sim does not work in your phone you'll have to wait an hour and then try activating again. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@adara wrote:

Good evening,

thanks

Adara

You'll have to wait for an hour to restart the process. Nobody to actually talk to on the phone. Community Forums memebers or Moderator assistance only.

Try putting sim in phone to see if it works though.

Need Help? Let's chat.