cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Public Mobile SIM Card

Sorcerer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I purchased a Public Mobile SIM card last year with intention to use it but then did not and I put it in storage. I now would like to create a new PM account for my son and so I decided to use the PM SIM card that purchased last year. When I tried to set up a new account with it, I received a message stating that the PM SIM card is invalid. What can be done about this? Thanks very much. Cheers, Carl

36 REPLIES 36

baby08

ok thank

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@baby08 wrote:

still confused so your sim card has been activated before that is why you cant use it now? because i have bought one years before never been used so just wonder if it will work if i need it?

It will work. I have a card that was 4 years old and it activated without any issues.

baby08

still confused so your sim card has been activated before that is why you cant use it now? because i have bought one years before never been used so just wonder if it will work if i need it?

baby08

ok thanks

@baby08 wrote:

so just wonder if sim card bought  2years ago never use, so it will automatic deactivate? so still need to purchase new one if need one?

NO it will be ok if your sim was never activate before. If the Sim was activated after 90 days it's deactivated and no more useful.Smiley Happy

baby08

so just wonder if sim card bought  2years ago never use, so it will automatic deactivate? so still need to purchase new one if need one?

Sorcerer

Actually, I did. I grabbed my work laptop and tried using Internet Explorer. Still had the same issue. I then contacted the mods and I provided them with my sim number. One of the mods was able to determine that my SIM card had become deactivated a while back and therefore was no longer usable. Bottom line, I have to buy a new one.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try a different browser? Chrome, Internet Explorer or Edge?

sandpublic

@spointer wrote:

okay well that what i was told!

New SIM cards never expire only previously activated ones expire and cannot be reactivated Smiley Happy

Sorcerer

Excellent, will do. I'll circle back and give out bravos in a few minutes!

sandpublic

@Sorcerer wrote:

Ok, after clearing my web browser's cache and restarting, I went to the SIM card activation page in order to set up a new account. This time I noticed that right after entering the SIM card number, some red text appeared saying "Invalid SIM". I have tripled that the number is correct (wife checked too) as shown on the back of the SIM card itself and on the credit card frame that the SIM card sits in. I guess I'll be sending a message to the mods per an earlier suggestion, thanks very much for your help everyone.

Sounds like the activation must be partially activated so only a moderator will be able to resolve it. Include the SIM number in your message to speed things up.

Sorcerer

tripled = triple checked, my bad

Sorcerer

Ok, after clearing my web browser's cache and restarting, I went to the SIM card activation page in order to set up a new account. This time I noticed that right after entering the SIM card number, some red text appeared saying "Invalid SIM". I have tripled that the number is correct (wife checked too) as shown on the back of the SIM card itself and on the credit card frame that the SIM card sits in. I guess I'll be sending a message to the mods per an earlier suggestion, thanks very much for your help everyone.

baby08

hi  dear, so just wonder did your sim card work yet? how did you reslove the problem?

spointer

okay well that what i was told!

Sorcerer

Ok, just cleared my cache and restarted Firefox. I will try again to open a new account with this SIM and then report back.

Sorcerer

Ok, thank you, I will do that.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sorcerer wrote:

Just tried to make a call and a message popped up saying "Not Registered on Network"

Okay, good.  We've established that the SIM card was likely not activated yet.  

As @sandpublic suggested, close the browser down, re-open it and clear the browser cache.

Start the activation process from the beginning.  

When you're filling everything out, double-check that the SIM card # is correct.

See if you can get by the page where the SIM card# is entered.

sandpublic

@Sorcerer wrote:

Just tried to make a call and a message popped up saying "Not Registered on Network"

Means it's not activated so try the activation again. If it doesn't work then you need to send a private message to the @CS_Agent and they will resolve it.

Sorcerer

Also, the only PM account we have is my wife's account which is not related to this SIM card that I bought for myself but never used.

Sorcerer

Sorcerer

Correct, I never made it to the payment step.

Ok, I just inserted the SIM card into my wife's Samsung A8 android phone (she is already a PM customer). Phone booted up fine. Under settings, about phone, the phone number is listed as unknown. What should I be looking for?

sandpublic

@spointer wrote:

if you have not used a sim card in a period of time i believe it will expire. this happened to my son and i had to buy a new card.

No, that is not true Maybe it was a bad SIM card in you case but they don't expire.

sandpublic

@Sorcerer wrote:

I saw the invalid SIM card message after I entered all of the information on the new account set up page. Then, instead of advancing to the next page, I saw the same page I had been on and there was red text next to the SIM card field saying "Invalid SIM card", or words to that effect.

Ok, try this clear the cache on your browser restart your computer and try the activation again to see if it works,

Pizzaeh

@Sorcerer wrote:

I saw the invalid SIM card message after I entered all of the information on the new account set up page. Then, instead of advancing to the next page, I saw the same page I had been on and there was red text next to the SIM card field saying "Invalid SIM card", or words to that effect.

Ok, so then what happened next?  You were never able to make it past that page, is that right?  You never made it to the payment step?

I would try the SIM card in the phone and see if you can make outgoing calls.

Try logging into the online account and check the Account Status; the SIM card may have been activated.

If you made it to the payment step, you can check your cc online to see if there is a charge.

Sorcerer

Ok, will do, tks.

Sorcerer

Yes, I did that. Number on the back of the card matches that on the SIM card itself.

Sorcerer

sandpublic

@sandpublic wrote:

@Sorcerer wrote:

Hi there,

Yes, it is definitely a PM SIM card. It's still attached in the plastic credit card sized frame thingy as we received it and it has never been detached and placed into a phone. Should I still try inserting it into a phone? Thanks.

Yes and let us know what happens

Also make sure that the SIM card number on the back of the card matches what's on the packaging. Of not make sure you are entering the number that is on the back of the card correctly.

Pizzaeh

@Sorcerer wrote:

Hi there,

Yes, it is definitely a PM SIM card. It's still attached in the plastic credit card sized frame thingy as we received it and it has never been detached and placed into a phone. Should I still try inserting it into a phone? Thanks.

Hi @Sorcerer, at what point did you see the invaid SIM card error?

Try logging into the online account the SIM card was activated with; what does Account Status say? 

Need Help? Let's chat.