cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Number error when porting from PC mobile

aroytbur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my SIM today, ordered new PM number first (as instructed for PC Mobile users) and now try to port my number from Self Serve. When I enter my number, I get "This number is invalid" error". My PC mobile account/number is active and valid. Please help me port my number. 

8 REPLIES 8

chanthea1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have the same problem... did you able to port the number from PC mobile?

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aroytbur, moderators work until 7pm(EST) on the week-end.  They handle requests on a first-come basis.  Usually within a few hours, depending on load.

aroytbur

Thank you for suggestion. Changed my user name (email) for PM to make sure different emails used for PM and PC and tried again. No success, unfortunately.

aroytbur

I tried another browser - used edge. Clean cache. Number entered correctly, 10 digits, no hiphens, no spaces, sent message to mod-team. How quickly do they usually look at messages? Sorry, first time user so just learning the way things work here 

aroytbur

Thank you. Yes I doublechecked - number is entered correctly as a 10 digit number, no spaces and no dashes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aroytbur, one other thng, and I am not sure if this would affect you up-front, but you need to have a different email account if porting from PC Mobile (post-paid) to Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aroytbur, Simplest things first... Did you enter the number without hyphens.  Can you try clearing your browser's cache, or running your browser in incognito/private mode.  Or perhaps try another browser altogether (again in private/incognito mode).  If none of that helps, you will need to get in touch with the moderators team, via private message.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@aroytbur Are you correctly entering your 10 digit number without any dash? If yes, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info so they can request the port in.

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.