cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid MMI code

thepennh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to listen to my voicemail I get a invalid  MMI code. How do I get rid of it. I asked a moderator and he told me to post it, so I have.

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@thepennh wrote:

When I try to listen to my voicemail I get a invalid  MMI code. How do I get rid of it. I asked a moderator and he told me to post it, so I have.

@thepennh 

Try manually entering your default voicemail number registered in your phone (should be under your phone's app voicemail settings) to:

1 - (your area code) - 580- 4001

If that doesn't work, try using a neighboring area code.   

@thepennh 

Here is a thread on the updated voicemail access numbers for each region.  Maybe try calling the number for your region.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thepennh : You're right. Sorry. Not at you. I was scoffing at the moderators for telling you to come here for help. Why the heck couldn't they bother?

It sounds like your phone needs to have the voicemail access number properly configured for here. There are many across the country but with Canada-wide calling any one will do. But when you call 17785804001 do you get into your voicemail? And you could opt to use that number in the settings.

Edit: I'm guessing you likely have something like #81# (not exact) or something set for voicemail from a different provider.

thepennh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I press and hold the 1 key I get a message reading invalid MMI code. May I ask why you find this funny.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thepennh : LOL Seriously!? Ok, so...what happens if you dial 17785804001? What happens when you press and hold the 1 key? At what exact point in trying to listen to a voicemail are you getting this message?

Need Help? Let's chat.