cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet service?

Walt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does Public offer internet service? Cost is what? Is it via wifi?

14 REPLIES 14

@Walt  The plans page is accessible by clicking on the green square with 3 lines at the top right corner of your screen. Then click on plans. Public mobile provides mobile data to your phone remotely vs WiFi that provides a signal from your home internet connection or free WiFi from different businesses like Tim Norton's or London drugs when you are near or in their retail locations or Shaw who provide free WiFi hotspots for their home customers. Phone data is independent of these sources. The $40 PLAN is a good deal for a medium customer.

Yes, 5 gigs of internet per month. Included in the $40 price tag. And don't forget to autopay for $2 in savings monthly.

@Walt wrote:

"Go to Plans Page"?   I dont understand it. "$40 for 5 Gb" means an internet connection?

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately, PM has no home internet service. They only provides cellular data.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@WaltThe $40 you mention gets you 5 Gb of data (internet connection) on your phone without any other provider like Bell/Rogers.  That means you will have 5 Gb of internet to do whatever you like, where ever you like. After that is used then data (internet) is done until your plan renews or you buy more. Data = Internet on  your phone.  I hope this helps. Cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

FYI If you are looking for an internet service provider. You may get it cheaper using a reseller. I'm from Toronto and I found one using Kijiji. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an article that will provide your more general info.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/what-size-data-plan-is-right-for-you/

Walt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"Go to Plans Page"?   I dont understand it. "$40 for 5 Gb" means an internet connection?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No service bundles here.  Home internet is via Telus brand only. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Walt wrote:

If you are looking for home internet service, the head office company Telus offers it.

Details including rates, plans, availability here: https://www.telus.com/en/internet

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

If you mean like the internet offered by Bell or Rogers? Then no. If you are talking about data. That was answered above. But if you already have an internet service provider, you can connect this to your phone using your WiFi password.

@Walt wrote:

@Walt  Go the plans page to look at your options. They range from  (with unlimited texts and Canada wide calling)  $25/1gb, $35/1.5gb, $40/5gb and $50/8.5gb.

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No they only provide cellular data connection.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Walt wrote:

@Walt  Yes, it's called Data. For more information on the different plans click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only via the data connection on the cell. 

Need Help? Let's chat.